collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I know I am a prisoner but I always want to be free - Charley Jordan, Raidin' Squad Blues

Linked Events

• Willie Salomon Berlin concert: April 11, 2010 - April 05, 2010

Author Topic: Willie Salomon Berlin concert  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Willie Salomon Berlin concert
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:46:32 PM »
Willie Salomon will be performing at the Alten Bahnshofshallen in Berlin on sunday the 11th of April at 20.00 pm.

Venue information and ticket reservations:

http://www.acoustic-concerts.de/

Willie Salomon's home pages:

http://www.williesalomon.com/

« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:51:03 PM by Pan »

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Re: Willie Salomon Berlin concert
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 07:13:42 AM »
Since me and my wife had the good fortune to be able to attend this event, I'd like to thank Parlor Picker for introducing me to this artist on the forum.

We had a wonderful evening listening to Mr Salomon's great music, vintage guitars and some piano playing as well. He opened the evening with a very nice rendition of Mississippi Blues, on his 1945 Gibson J-45. The evening continued with a FredMcDowell song and a 1930 National Triolian. We had the chance to hear a more recent National Style O, some interesting original songs, and a very nice version of Blind Boy Fuller's Meat Shakin' Woman on a 12-string guitar. Some piano boogie was also in the program. The evening was nicely ended by two encore Robert Johnson numbers on the Triolian, which were greeted by appropriate bravos from the audience.
I had the good sense to pick up his two CD:s on sale at the event, and have found them to be very good as well, in fact I'm listening while I type.

Highly recommended!

Cheers

Pan

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Re: Willie Salomon Berlin concert
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:15:26 AM »
Yes, there are some great musicians lurking out there, sometimes in what some would regard as unlikely places - like Germany or Finland! Willie is, of course, a fine example.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal