collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Somebody put it on the internet and it went bacterial - Donald Hall, U.S. Poet Laureate

Author Topic: Reworked Mambo Style Sheet  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Reworked Mambo Style Sheet
« on: October 23, 2005, 09:53:34 AM »
Hello All,

We have members using older versions of the Mac operating systema dn IE borwser, who have problems seeing some parts of the iste -- like the menu trees.  :)  So I've re-worked the style sheet the site uses to accomodate these members.  The style sheet still needs some wrok -- but keep your eye out for problems on the right and left columns of our front page.

Thanks!

Offline cmr

• Geological Sciences (work)
Re: Reworked Mambo Style Sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2005, 07:41:37 PM »
Slack
Thanks for updating the style sheets. As a long time mac user,  if anyone has the bandwidth, download and use Firefox for the mac.  Its fast and does not take up much disk space.  Cheers, Charlie R.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2005, 07:54:28 PM »
Hi Charlie, yes Firefox is a fine Open Source browser (use the Windows version myself).  The problem is - you have to be running version 10.x of the Mac operating system to install Firefox -- and that is enough of a technical hurdle for many folks that they don't upgrade --- and are thus stuck with the buggy IE browser.

Cheers,
slack

Offline cmr

• Geological Sciences (work)
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2005, 08:59:38 PM »
Hi Slack, Good point.  Its been such a long time since I switched to OSX. that I forgot that many folks depend and use IE 5.x with OS9.  Good luck cleaning up the style sheets.  On a separate topic, post PT, guitar lessons are going great.  It's such a treat to take lessons from JohnM.  I hope that he doesn't give up on me.  Cheers, Charlie R.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal