collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The Art Tatum of blues guitar - Josh White about Willie Walker

Author Topic: K&K Pure 12 String or K&K Pure Western for Fraulini Francesca  (Read 1187 times)

Offline Le Trompeur

• MY home
K&K Pure 12 String or K&K Pure Western for Fraulini Francesca
« on: January 19, 2014, 08:19:20 AM »
I'm wondering if those of you who have more experience and knowledge on the subject can weigh in and provide me with some insight.  I'm having a Fraulini Francesca 12 string built and have decided on going with the K&K based on several online reviews that I've read.  However I'm not sure if I should go with the Pure Western or the 12 String.  Per K&K's website they say the Pure 12 string is..obviously for a 12 string... and adds more lows and mids but I'm thinking they're referencing the newer 12 strings.  And if Todd builds the Francesca to sound like my old Jumbo Stella it's already going to have plenty of bottom end. 

So what do you think?
Thanks for you input.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: K&K Pure 12 String or K&K Pure Western for Fraulini Francesca
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 10:08:06 AM »
I have the pure western in both mine and I think these pickups work really well. No pesky batteries and preamps to bother with.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 05:18:29 PM »
Pure Western hands down! Have played many, thinking of getting one in my Sovereign.
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Offline Big River

• jamesclem.com
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:45 AM »
I use a K & K Pure Western in my Fraulini Angelina 12 string and love it. The K & K 's sound best with a good DI box (I use an LR Baggs Para Acoustic). K & K's sound decent at low volume without a DI but when gigging at higher volumes the DI gives you a "faster" crisper tone to my ears (plus more control over the EQ and a balanced cable sounds better with long cable runs). An electronics whiz told me it is some sort of impedance issue without the DI going direct into an amp or PA.

Tags: K&K Fraulini jumbo pickups 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal