collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
...traditional musicians, too, often try to "get it down just like" an admired player picks a particular tune. This is not slavish imitation for its own sake but rather a passionate desire to get at the very sinews of the style, based on the realization that the impact of traditional music depends on detail and an evocative context... - Art Rosenbaum, Old-Time Mountain Banjo

Author Topic: John How Guitars - Ladder Braced Roadtrip  (Read 12095 times)

Offline John How

• Luthier
    • John How Guitars
Re: John How Guitars - Ladder Braced Roadtrip
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2007, 07:28:45 AM »
Hey bluesmikedk, I'd love to have you play the guitar. I'll post the route after we get a few more signups.
Thanks guys, John
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 06:19:19 AM by John How »
Tickle your guitar daily and it will tickle you back

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2007, 06:53:40 AM »
John,

Sign me up please.  I would love to try your guitar.

RobBob

Offline Doug

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2007, 05:27:40 PM »
Hi John,

I'm actually not interested in playing your guitar, but I love the idea, and I wanted to compliment you for being willing to do this.  I realize that part of your motives are "blatant self promotion," but I think it's wonderful that you're willing to let people try out a beautiful guitar that they might not otherwise have a chance to.  Good on you!

I'll be interested to hear what the other Weenies think of the guitar, and what music they make with it.

Doug

larrym

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »
G'evening to all in WeenieLand. As a newcomer I look forward to following the adventures of fellow enthusiasts.

Hats off the John How for turning loose his travelin' guitar. This is a noble commitment to educating the masses in the tradition of the tent revivals. Its one thing to read about it, and quite another to hear the glory, feel the power.

However, a brief warning -- the experience could change everything you thought you knew about how a guitar should behave. Serious lust and behavioral issues await. Its too late for me, brothers and sisters.

One of John's ladder braced grand concerts has recently come to live at my house. The past few weeks I've ended each day with John's guitar followed by intense feelings of delight and stupidity. The delight is easy to explain. The feelings of studipity comes from 40+ years of playing and suddenly finding myself unable to explain why this guitar feels and sounds so right. Is John THAT good, or have I been looking in the wrong direction all this time. 

As soon as I can wrap the right words around my questions, John has some serious explainin' to do.

Can't turn back now,
Larry

Offline John How

• Luthier
    • John How Guitars
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2007, 04:48:54 PM »
Hi Larry
Glad your enjoying the guitar. Larry owns the back featured in my ad here on Weenie Campbell :D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 04:50:11 PM by John How »

Offline Bald Melon Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 01:18:40 PM »
Hi John,
I would like to be included if possible. While an infrequent poster, I am a diligent daily lurker of this and other guitar sites. I have owned several vintage straight-braced guitars and currently own 2 along with a couple of pre-war x-braced guitars. For all the usual reasons that come with owning antiques, I am in the market for a modern version of a straight braced 6 string guitar and would be very interested in your take on things.
Thanks,
Gary
I'm in Southern California

Support the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Michael Segui

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 05:16:34 PM »
I don't meet any of the criteria... I joined earlier this year, had some problems posting... but I have been lurking for a few years.  I have been active posting on the IGS forum and the UMGF if you would like someone to vouch for me... but I would love to try out your guitar.... I live in Woodstock, Ontario, Canada.

I am currently building my first acoustic (a Martin inspired mahogany/spruce OM) with the ultimate dream of building a ladder braced Stella inspired 12 string based on measurements Stefan Grossman took for me.

Offline John How

• Luthier
    • John How Guitars
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 08:46:10 AM »
OK, I am about ready to get this thing started so I'm gonna need contact info including,
Mailing/shipping address
Email address
Telephone number

You can email this to me at johow (at) johnhowguitars (dot) com

As soon as I get this info I will put together a shipping plan and get this on the road.

Michael Segui

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2007, 09:52:36 AM »
John,

I sent you an email.

Cheers,
Mike

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2007, 07:19:48 AM »
You have mail for me too... 8)

Cheers,

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline Coyote Slim

• coyoteslim.com
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2007, 02:42:31 PM »
I'd like to participate, if you don't have too many people already.
Puttin' on my Carrhartts, I gotta work out in the field.

Coyote Slim's Youtube Channel

Offline Flatd7

• Pre War Blues, Country, Bluegrass & Gospel Music
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2007, 07:18:30 PM »
John,

I'd be tickled to be a part of this traveling experiment. I'd love to do the rounds with my NYC fingerstyle pals and see what they all think. If you haven't run out of room, sign me up.

Jon Vesey

Offline John How

• Luthier
    • John How Guitars
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2007, 10:55:15 PM »
OK, the guitar has hit the road......first stop southern California. I'll post the route and we can hopefully estimate when it will arrive at various locations. Please make sure you have given me your contact and shipping information preferably by email. Continue to check here for updates and reviews of the guitar.

Offline John How

• Luthier
    • John How Guitars
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2007, 08:30:28 AM »
Hi , I'm trying to put together a shipping route for this road trip but have not recieved shipping/contact info from all who have signed up yet.
If you can email me your shipping shipping address and contact info, I'll get the route posted so everyone will have an idea when the guitar might arrive.
Here are the guys I still need info for.

Eagle Rockin Daddy
Rob Bob
Coyote Slim
Flatd7
If you guys still want to play, please send in your info.
Thanks everyone, John

Offline Bald Melon Jefferson

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2007, 01:05:45 PM »
John, In 5 short hours I should be home and playing the guitar! I'll play with it through the weekend then will be ready to send it on it's way as directed.
 All the best, Gary
Support the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal