collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
When it all comes down, you gotta go back to Mother Earth - Memphis Slim, Mother Earth

Author Topic: buzzing  (Read 1633 times)

rhoeb

buzzing
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »
Hi,
I just bought a new Resonator and the Im having trouble getting a good tone on the high E.
I think the bridge needs to come up a bit higher on that side. Is there anyone that can help me with
that? Is it just like an oridinary guitar (take the strings off and move it with my fingers?) Its a type 0.

Thanks,
roger

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Re: buzzing
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:10:34 AM »
Without knowing the details of your problem its difficult to say.  The general advice though with resonators is to change one string at a time where possible, because once you start moving the cone around, you can introduce all sorts of nasty buzzing noises. Its not such a big issue with a single cone such as you appear to have.  However, the bridge (or biscuit) is usually physically attached to the resonator cone so its not just a case of moving it around in any event.  In fact you cant really change the bridge without some fairly major surgery.

Perhaps you could let us know a bit more about the guitar and the problem?

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Re: buzzing
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 12:04:32 PM »
1st step - loosen th string right off and retune - it sometimes works.

BTW the bridge should be level, if it's not the cone may have collapsed. If the above doesn't work, I suggest you try to find a luthier who knows about resonator guitars, regular technicians can do more harm than good - they are not like regular guitars to work on.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal