The Unwound Third > Jam Session

Them Quotes

(1/2) > >>

thumbstyle:
Hi All,

Just want to take a second to say how much enjoyment I'm getting out of the quote generator. The choice of quotes, plus how they are presented, is just superb. I forget -- do we have Mark Herman to thank for most of these? The quoted grabbed from various years at PT are especially good, pertinent, and inspirational! Thanks!

Dave

Slack:
There were many contributors (FP and Mark being the major contributors if I recall) and Mark has been the compiler/keeper and formatter - which resulted in imparting that wry humor of his.   ;D

cheers,
slack

uncle bud:
One of my favorites came up again:

"Hound Dog came back with a rifle and said, "Hey, Brewer." And pointed the rifle--pow! Shot me right through the side. I said, "Hound Dog. What did you shoot me for?" And he shot me through this finger, and then he shot me through the shoulder. If that rifle hadn't jammed, he probably would have hurt me" - Brewer Phillips, memories of Hound Dog Taylor in a Living Blues interview

!!!

Johnm:
Hi all,
Occasionally I have seen quotes from Big Dave McLean.? Apart from being who he is, who is he?
All best,
Johnm

Slack:
HI John,

I think the short answer is: someone who Rivers heard in concert.  :D  (maybe Rivers, the compiler of the quotes, will elaborate).

Long answer here:
http://www.winnipegblues.com/mclean.htm

Never heard of him myself.

cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version