collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
My mama told me, my papa too, don't let no woman be the death of you, 'cause she didn't allow me to stay out all night long - Charley Jordan, Hunkie Tunkie Blues

Author Topic: John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal  (Read 2265 times)

Offline outfidel

John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal
« on: June 13, 2007, 12:13:35 PM »
"However, the OM was rediscovered in the late 1960s by players like Eric Schoenberg and John Miller, who felt the guitar's balanced bass-to-treble response was better-suited to the complex fingerstyle technique they were pioneering than the booming bass-heavy sound of dreadnoughts."

"The 14-Fret Bet: The True Story of Perry Bechtel and the Orchestra Model"
by Richard Johnston and Peter Kohman
Summer 2007 edition of Fretboard Journal
Support musicians in need - join the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:55:37 PM »
Good eye Outfidel, I read the article and missed the reference to John! 

The Fretboard Journal quarterly, IMO, has turned out to be a very fine magazine... it has just gotten better.  It really appeals to me and my various interests - acoustic guitars, electric guitars, oddball fretted instruments, luthiers, players - there seems to always be one country blues or blues related article as well.  We started talking about it here, but never followed up:

http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?amp;Itemid=114&topic=1917.0

Alex, hang on to that out of print first issue -- this issue mentions that one went for 300 bucks on eBay.  I'm holding out for 500.  :P

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Re: John Miller mentioned in current Fretboard Journal
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:08:01 PM »
Alex, hang on to that out of print first issue -- this issue mentions that one went for 300 bucks on eBay.  I'm holding out for 500.  :P

John:

Will do!

I to like this publication a lot, it's the only guitar mag I get that I read cover-to-cover. Excellent photography.

Alex
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 02:13:41 PM by GhostRider »

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal