collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
What better reason to do something like music than just because you love it? It's really easy, all you gotta do is quit your day job, and alienate your family, and confuse all your friends, and live in squalor for a few years, and you got it - Bruce Molsky, Alberta Street Public House, Portland, OR, 2006

Author Topic: Classic Rhythm Accompaniment -- A DYING ART?  (Read 6740 times)

Offline Dr. G

Re: Classic Rhythm Accompaniment -- A DYING ART?
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 05:15:12 AM »
I am a very "happy bunny" indeed...(whatever that is!) Oh why can't the English learn to speak?!

Dr. G

Offline jugblowr

• Rootstone.net
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 11:13:46 AM »
Excellent thread indeed!  I play in the New Roanoke Jug Band, and we have an excellent washboard player, who plays it as is - no spoons, thimbles or extras (just some substantial callouses after 30 years).  He is now passing the tradition on to our newest band member, a 21 yr old prodigy who is playing banjo, harp, guitar and washboard, and tambourine on I'll Be Rested.  As for the knocking sound in that piece, I wonder if it is Uaroy banging on his brother's guitar while shaking the tambourine?...I saw mention of a National Soap Saver #199 in the thread.  We have one of those (for the extra big whap), and a #197 that is the primary washboard.  Has anyone seen another model of blue enamel faced Soap Saver?

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 09:51:29 PM »
Go to ebay and search for washboard. Last time I looked there were about 5 pages. And maybe 3 #199s. Not to mention all the other popular models like Zinc King and Lingerie.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal