collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Ain't no more potatoes; the frogs have guilty vibes - Someone on an early version of this board, mishearing "the frost have killed the vine" on a recording

Author Topic: News box kudos  (Read 1866 times)

Offline a2tom

• stickman's got 'em
News box kudos
« on: December 13, 2004, 01:48:26 PM »
Everyone is always raving about the Juke, which is of course great.? But here's a cheer for the News Box - one of my favorite Weenie features.? Everytime I load a page I glance there first.? Sometime inspiring, sometimes educational, sometimes just kinda scary.? Thanks!

tom

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: News box kudos
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 03:49:34 PM »
Hi Tom, glad you are enjoying our "Quote Oracle" and you are right - it is a litttle scary sometimes.

The quotes are a holdover from the very first email list we started in 1996.  I've forgotten what the software program we used - and it was not great software - but the one feature we really liked was the ability to append a random quote onto every post sent to the list.  It was uncanny how often the random quote generated was somehow related to what was posted.  The forum version does not quite the same effect or serendipity as with the old email lsit - but we had to keep it around in some form as it is a lot of fun. (It is funny you mention the quotes - we are looking at ways to expand the quotes and find a way forum members can contribute.)

Cheers,
slack 

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal