collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I grew up in a town so small that you didn't lose your girlfriend, you lost your turn - Tim Williams, in concert

Author Topic: Weenie Campbell Hacked? Suspicious Activity  (Read 699 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Weenie Campbell Hacked? Suspicious Activity
« on: February 20, 2018, 08:29:41 AM »
Pan received a Personal Message supposedly sent by me that was sent during the night (Pacific time zone). I did not send it. In it was a link. He was suspicious, so he sent me a message to confirm that I was the sender before clicking on the link.

Someone either hacked Weenie Campbell and gained access to user accounts, or perhaps just gained access to my account. I changed my password and it might be prudent for you to do the same. And of course don't click on any suspicious links or open any suspicious attachments.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Weenie Campbell Hacked? Suspicious Activity
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 10:02:20 AM »
Upon giving it more thought, I think that the connections were made between the recipients and me via Stefan Grossman's site, The Woodshed. "stuartaque" used to be my username there before Stefan switched over to Tapatalk from YUKU. All a hacker has to do is to read through a thread, see who responded to whom, and that gives them the information needed to generate the "familiarity" in the "From" e-mail address that might cause one to let one's guard down.

Just another day in cyber paradise. If you receive what appears to be an email from me with the from address, "stuartaque <office @ stingatoare . net>, DELETE IT. It IS NOT from me.

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 07:38:28 PM »
You had me worried there for a minute!  :P

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 09:31:17 PM »
You had me worried there for a minute!  :P

Hah! And you think you were worried.  ;) --But now we know that there's potential for cyber mischief even in this small corner of the ol' interwebs.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal