collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well you is one black rat, someday I'll find your trail. Yes I'll hide my shoe somewhere near your shirt tail - Memphis Minnie Lawlers, & Ernest Lawlers, You Is One Black Rat

Author Topic: Down time  (Read 2500 times)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Down time
« on: December 18, 2006, 06:17:01 AM »
We had a little downtime as our host had some kind of problem. Slack will update us with gory details later. Things seem to be back to normal.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Down time
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:51:19 AM »
And the gory details are: our host screwed up.  :P

They upgraded their both their webserver software (Apache) and PHP, the scripting language that websites use to create dynamic websites - and then did not check it thoroughly enough to see if the upgrade went fine.

It is an imperfect world.  ;)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 06:59:49 AM »
The other detail is that the guy that looks after these accounts has the flu and went to bed earlier than usual.... thus all his sites were down for about 6 hours. 

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2007, 05:59:36 PM »
We were down for a little while today, if you were trying to access the site and couldn't. Everything seems to be back to normal...

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 11:55:05 AM »
Our host is moving a group of accounts to a new server - this might explain the above downtime on the 12th.  He is moving weenie tonight and will put the forum into 'maintenance mode' for a short period of time.

May the force be with us.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »
We were successfully moved to a new sever this morning.  Only one glitch so far (juke requests were not working, but fixed now) - but keep your eye out for others.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal