collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
It is from the blues that all that may be called American music derives its most distinctive characteristics - James Weldon Johnson

Author Topic: TAGS  (Read 757 times)

Offline NotRevGDavis

• "Hat on a cabbage head- I've never seen before"
TAGS
« on: June 07, 2013, 10:04:04 AM »
I thought I might throw out a request that when someone posts a topic that they could possibly add a TAG describing what the tuning is or if it a slide tune if it applies.
Is it possible to add a TAG if you didn't create the thread? I would be more than glad to add TAGs to threads that apply.
Maybe add open D and Vestapol, open G and Spanish, Open D minor and Crossnote, etc. for a specific tuning. Also maybe add slide or bottleneck for the appropriate post's TAG. I appreciate that there is also a TAG index and the effort that members apply to WC when posting, I just thought it might be cool to be able to look up a specific tuning if the need arises.
Thanks in advance,
Gary Davis
Got the name, still workin' on the licks!

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: TAGS
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 08:54:26 PM »
Established protocol for tuning name tags:

Vestapol, Spanish, Cross Note, Dropped D. Other tunings without a common name, for example, G6 tuning

Please refer to http://weeniecampbell.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=3073.msg24088#msg24088

If we all follow the same protocol all the relevant entries will be grouped under a single tag.

Quirky personalized tags are not appreciated, we blow them away periodically. Please try to make your tags generally useful.

Thanks folks.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 09:03:13 PM by Rivers »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal