collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
All deep things are song. It seems somehow the very central essence of us, song; as if all the rest were but wrappages and hulls! - Thomas Carlyle

Author Topic: Weenie Performers  (Read 1968 times)

Offline big joe weems

• Howdy!
Re: Weenie Performers
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2015, 05:53:44 PM »
Great stuff JC!  Thanks for sharing.  Love it.

Offline obrigadotony

• Howdy!
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 11:17:44 AM »
@Big River - That is a great call on throwing in a more familiar tune amongst the country blues tunes.  I threw in a version of Elvis' "That's all right Mama" and it was very warmly received.

On a side note, I notice the few Bukka White tunes I play (Poor Boy, Aberdeen) are getting a great response....Gonna start working on Special Streamline (which will take years to get right).

Offline alyoung

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 06:56:40 AM »
Years ago when I were a young fellow (and dinosaurs roamed the earth), I used to do a bit of street busking. Most buskers know that some songs go better than others in drawing in the audience and so the dosh. The two best earners for me on the main street of Sydney, Australia, were the country gospeller Tramp on the Street ... and Booker White's I Am In the Heavenly Way. I never did figure out why ... just took the money and was grateful.

Offline One-Eyed Ross

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 07:54:17 AM »
I think Alyoung and Big River nailed it.  ENTERTAIN.  Grandpa Jones (for those of us that remember the Grand Ol Oprey) had someone remark on his banjo and singing skills.  He agreed, he couldn't play or sing well, but he was one hell of an entertainer.  If you can entertain, what with the singing, playing and general presence, you will have a good time, and so will your audience.  Act like you are having fun, be fun, engage the audience and everyone will have a great time.  Stand (or sit) and act like you are doing the audience a favor by being there, and no one will....
SSG, USA, Ret

She looked like a horse eating an apple through a wire fence.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal