collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I had a little bird and its name was Enza, I opened up the window and in-flew-enna - Popular children's rhyme in 1918

Author Topic: Venerable Radio now Streaming  (Read 2739 times)

M.Vidrine

Venerable Radio now Streaming
« on: May 22, 2006, 09:14:05 AM »
With lots of help from Slack, I finally have Venerable Radio online & streaming. You?ll see many similarities to the Juke, but what you?ll hear will be quite different (in some regards). Rather than focusing on Country Blues, Venerable Radio will attempt to represent all genres (no matter how popular or obscure) of music from the 78rpm era.

For now we?ve got a random mix going, but as the size of the database increases (currently about 15,000 songs) I?ll be setting up some programming. As of now, I?m leaning toward separate days of Urban (Big Band, Hot Jazz, Popular Vocal, French Vocal, R&B & some Boogie Woogie etc.) & Rural (Country Blues, Old-Time Country, Western, Western Swing, Folk, World, some Gospel etc.) with some specialty programming in the evening & the random playlist at night (I?m quite fond of not knowing what?s next)!

Anyhow, check it out & let me know what you think!
Venerable Radio - http://www.venerablemusic.com/samphpweb/index.html

Thanks,
Malcolm

Offline Slack

• Administrator
Re: Venerable Radio now Streaming
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 09:18:05 AM »
Congrats Malcolm!  Always nice to see another quality station on the air!

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 10:38:06 AM »
It looks great, Malcolm!

with some specialty programming in the evening

One thing I'd love to hear would be a Hawaiian program.  It's hard to find Hawaiian music from the 20s and 30s, and I see you have some nice Hawaiian cuts there.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 12:54:07 PM »
Congrats Malcolm! Looks great and will definitely be on my very short list of go-to stations.

edited to add: one minor point - you might want to edit the code so that Venerable Radio appears in the browser title bar at the very top. Right now, mine just says Mozilla Firefox.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 12:58:33 PM by uncle bud »

M.Vidrine

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 02:36:20 PM »
A Hawaiian show is a definite. I was also thinking of doing a hot jazz show, an Acoustic Era show (various 1890s-1925 or so), a hokum/novelty show, a congregational preaching show (on Sundays), and of course Country Blues, Old Time Country, World Music, and a Nostalgia show.

I haven?t put pen to paper yet so this is just off the top of my head. Does anyone else have suggestions of things they would like to hear grouped together? Not too obscure as I?d want to do these on a weekly basis. I may also be running a nightly hour of the Joe Bussard?s Country Classics show (where he plays tracks from his collection) ? not a definite yet, but I?m hopeful!

I?ll check into the Firefox title bar issue ? I was never aware that the title bar ever changed ? ha!

Malcolm

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 04:06:43 PM »
You probably just need to insert a tag like "title" Venerable Radio "/title" in your head info, before the body tag (quotes here equal the standard html brackets, since they don't seem to display in the forum).

(he says like he knows the lingo)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 04:08:22 PM by uncle bud »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal