collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I ain't doin' no good, haven't even got a lousy dime. The woman I love is way down in the Delta Pines - Johnny Shines, Delta Pines

Author Topic: Barefoot Bill Lyrics  (Read 26245 times)

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Barefoot Bill Lyrics
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 08:43:39 AM »
Right you are, uncle bud.  I like these catches that happen long after a transcription was first posted.  I'll make the change.  Pretty winning the way Ed Bell stayed on the I chord in the fifth and sixth bars, wasn't it?
All best,
John
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 10:17:31 AM by Johnm »

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: Barefoot Bill Lyrics
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2023, 10:29:36 AM »
Hi all,
The Ed Bell Lyrics thread has had, as a result of thread mergers, the songs that he recorded as Ed Bell, the songs that he recorded as Barefoot Bill, and the songs that he recorded as Sluefoot Joe, as well as two duets that he recorded with Pillie Bolling. Since the titles recorded under different names came from different sessions and often had really different sounds, as well as different supporting personnel, the merged thread was a bit of a mish-mash. As a result, I've decided to break up the Ed Bell Lyrics thread into a Barefoot Bill Lyrics thread, a Sluefoot Joe Lyrics thread, an Ed Bell Lyrics thread and a Pillie Bolling Lyrics thread.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 12:45:00 PM by Johnm »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal