collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Air brakes... - Bukka White, Special Streamline

Author Topic: Roger Hubbard Documentary  (Read 1355 times)

Offline parapatton

Roger Hubbard Documentary
« on: June 13, 2022, 07:21:45 PM »
Up Dated November 29, 2022, a message from Roger Hubbard.

Hi People

I’m happy to announce that Joe Snelling’s documentary on me is now freely available on YouTube

Hope you enjoy it!
Roger

Update July 19, 2022:The Password for Viewing is not currently available due to Lucky Day Films making Summer Film Festival Presentations and temporarily suspending online public viewing.

Here's the link for the Roger Hubbard Documentary "HOME LOVIN' MAN: The Story of Roger Hubbard", who was a Blue Goose Recording Artist in the early 1970's from the U.K. 
Roger was one of the great younger blues artists chosen by Nick Pearls to record on his Blue Goose Label to compliment his Yazoo records of reissue County Blues 78 rpms.
He continues to write, record & perform his music on a part-time basis & became an expert of furniture repair & restoration.  However, he did not achieve a wider recognition that his musical talents deserved and this documentary tells his story. Several of the songs are from his only Blue Goose Record "Brighton Belle Blues" that was released on vinyl in 1971 & on Cd in 2006.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 09:43:25 AM by parapatton »

Offline Steve W

• Howdy!
Re: Roger Hubbard Documentary
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 10:43:38 PM »
Very interesting.  Great playing.  Thanks for finding this and posting it.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 02:52:54 AM »
Roger has been a friend of mine for decades and lives locally. The film has some interesting bits - mostly familiar to me. Sadly, his time with the consummate trio, Buick 6, is not included in the film.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline cottonopolis

• Howdy!
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 07:33:02 AM »
Thanks for posting the video, really enjoyed it.

Offline jostber

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 11:38:19 AM »
Thanks, very interesting to see this piece of blues history. Hope Mr. Hubbard will get some recognition for his great playing.

Here is the Blue Goose discography:

https://www.wirz.de/music/blgoose.htm

Offline Old Man Ned

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 12:51:32 PM »
Thanks for posting. I'd not hear of Roger Hubbard before despite living in the UK. I found this documentary quite sad given the regret, that was evident to me, of him not taking up the invite to go to the US when he was clearly held with some regard. I hope things are better for him now and he feels comfortable in the place he now is.

All the Best,
Ned

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 09:47:42 AM »
Just received this from Roger:

"Dear All,

I’m very pleased to announce that my new album “Under the Sun” is now available!
These are all new heartfelt songs being very much of the moment with a wide range of musical styles and accompaniments.

If you wish to buy a CD please go to:

https://www.rogerhubbard.co.uk/sales.htm

Thank you and very best wishes

Roger"

Offline benedwards

• Howdy!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2022, 05:17:42 AM »
Roger has always been a favorit of mine, along with John M, since I heard them in the seventies and found them again on the internet in the 90s. I met John in the Euroblues same years ago but, I have not seen or met Roger. I have tried to get Roger  to the Amal Blues Festival here in Sweden but no success so far.

What password shall be used to see the documentary??

Bengt

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 05:56:12 AM »

What password shall be used to see the documentary??

No idea, one could watch the whole thing without a password a few weeks ago.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 03:15:27 PM »
I watched it after it was first posted. Now when I use the previous link which I bookmarked, "This video is private" is displayed. I've been registered with Vimeo  with a free, basic membership for a while now. I assume if it was now pay-per-view there would be an option  to pay, but I could be wrong. Maybe something else is going on in background that we're not aware of. Perhaps it was hacked in some way and we now have to contact the owner for a password. --Just a guess.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »
This just in from Roger:

"Hi People

I’m happy to announce that Joe Snelling’s documentary on me is now freely available on YouTube

Hope you enjoy it!
Roger"

parapatton edited the original post earlier today (11/29/2022) to include the above message from Roger, but since it will not appear as a "Recent Post," I've posted it separately.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal