collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Without music life would be a mistake - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Author Topic: Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Lucille?  (Read 863 times)

Offline langjonnymore

• Howdy!
Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Lucille?
« on: December 27, 2018, 07:07:21 AM »
Hello folks,
Greeting from Bonny Scotland. I was wondering if anyone could help with this: I have a snatch of song running through my head (over a rag mama, or salty dog chord progression) but cannot work out where I picked it up (maybe Leon Redbone but no obvious tracks come to mind) and also whether there is a fuller song to go with it. What I have:
"Has anybody seen my sweet Lucille, I love that gal and I know she gonna treat me right". A google search was no help

Hope someone can help
jc

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
Re: Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Lucille?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 10:37:09 AM »
jc,
The Peetie Wheatstraw song 'Sweet Lucille' doesn't seem to contain the exact line you're referencing but has some that come close.

Offline langjonnymore

• Howdy!
Re: Has Anybody Seen My Sweet Lucille?
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 09:14:49 AM »
Tenbrook, many thanks for that. Sounds good but unfortunately the melody and feel/pace is entirely different. I will keep dredging (still convinced it was Leon Redbone that did a snatch of it somewhere). Thanks again for posting. jc
STOP PRESS: found it, it is part of "That's All I do" on his "Live" CD (which is mainly him doing some extremely eccentric but entertaining scat singing); unless there is yet another version he did it seems like I may have mutated it a bit since I started singing it myself!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal