collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Had all that cork on our face... made us look even blacker... shit, painted our mouths white... made 'em look big... I had to have a shot of liquor before the show. If I didn't it seemed like I couldn't be funny in front of all them people. When I had one it seemed like them people was one and I would throw up the banjo in the air and really put on a show. - Gus Cannon, on performing with Dr. Stokey's Medicine Show in Clarksdale, Mississippi

Linked Events

• Jug Band Jubilee (Louisville): September 16, 2017

Author Topic: National Jug Band Jubilee (Louisville, KY)  (Read 1462 times)

Offline arlotone

• arlotone.com
National Jug Band Jubilee (Louisville, KY)
« on: August 14, 2017, 08:49:40 PM »
The 13th Annual National Jug Band Jubilee is September 16 in Louisville, Kentucky. This year's lineup includes Jerron Paxton and Tuba Skinny; the complete lineup is here:

http://www.jugbandjubilee.com/2017-2/

This is a very easy festival to attend -- it's free, in a pleasant park on the Ohio River -- with music running from 1 pm to 11 pm on Saturday. Several of the performers will have smaller gigs throughout Louisville the night before, and I'm hosting a jam the night before at Goodwood Brewing.

While you're in Louisville, you can visit Churchill Downs, the Mohammed Ali Center or the Louisville Slugger Museum, or go to Louisville Cemetery to see the gravestones of Earl McDonald, Sara Martin and Sylvester Weaver.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal