collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Among the blues singers who have gained more or less national recognition, there is scarcely a man's name to be found - Howard Odum and Guy Johnson, 1926

Author Topic: Frank Hutchison discographical question  (Read 2789 times)

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
Re: Frank Hutchison discographical question
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »
this is exciting!

Offline alyoung

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2012, 04:40:53 AM »
Ok, just started copying the discs. Recording date confirmed as 4/12/1940. Working on the tracklist. On a sidenote, the family history did get garbled a bit. Seems great Grandad was a neighbor to the Benfields growing up, and learned a great deal from them. Apologies to alyoung. Never knew that mis-remembered info could cause so much uncomfortableness.

Well.... I didn't think I was *that* uncomfortable, but it is a bit awkward when you're challenging someone's information, especially when the challenge is fairly much saying "bill shut!" (or something like that; I may have the vowels wrong) But wrong information can't be allowed to stand, and at least my query got the matter sorted.  Thanks for that. (BTW, although I play a fair bit of diatonic harp today, I started from those old Folkways recordings and that hard-edged driving style of the Benfields et al remains a favorite.) 

Offline frailer24

• Good Mornin', Judge
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2012, 01:45:52 PM »
No trouble there, Al. I'm glad I got the info correct at last, since in the back of my mind, 1+1 did not add up right to me. I have to get another harp next year, not easy when you haven't played one in 5 years.
That's all she wrote Mabel!

Tags: Frank Hutchison 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal