collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
No capo, no party - EBA Blues week attendee, 2010

Author Topic: The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records... By Scott Blackwood  (Read 314 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records... By Scott Blackwood
« on: April 25, 2023, 12:42:26 PM »
This should be a separate topic--Here's the link:

https://lsupress.org/books/detail/rise-and-fall-of-paramount-records/

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records... By Scott Blackwood
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2023, 01:00:47 PM »
Thanks for sharing that book link Stuart. I started reading a preview on Amazon and it seemed very familiar. I checked, and Scott Blackwood, the author of the book you linked, wrote the contents of the coffee table sized books which were included in the Third Man Records Paramount box sets, so presumably the LSU Press book is taken from those box set books. It's been awhile since I initially read them, but I thought they were great then, so it's nice to see they are collected in a more widely accessible edition.

It will be interesting to see what he has done with the material. For those who have read Alex van der Tuuk's books and Scott Blackwood's other writings, there probably won't be much in the way of new info. But Alex's books are currently unavailable AFAIK, and the Paramount sets are pricey for the average consumer, so as you say, having Paramount's story told in an available and affordable book is certainly a welcome addition.

Mainspring Press shut down their book and CD operations in 2020, but hopefully they will make their releases available in digital form or license them to other outfits who will produce hard copies at some point.

http://www.mainspringpress.com/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2023, 01:19:14 PM by Stuart »

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal