collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
[My mama] said, 'You and Elvis are pretty good, but you're no Chuck Berry' - Jerry Lee Lewis

Author Topic: That'll never happen no more (or maybe it will..)  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Mr.Natural

• mano sinistra
That'll never happen no more (or maybe it will..)
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:05:45 AM »
Hi compadres!
Looking forward to meeting you people again this summer.
Why does a recording of me playing & especially singing makes me cringe? You know the sinking feeling?
Anyway, this is the ideal selfhelp group to brave these challenges..
Eddy

don't mess with the Natch - he flosses with razorblades

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
Re: That'll never happen no more (or maybe it will..)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2004, 04:51:21 PM »
Damn!  Nice job, Eddy!  The fiddle's a nice touch - who's playing it?  Go easy on yourself about your voice - I thought you sounded pretty good.  Singing is one of those things that looks & sounds easier than it is.  It also takes a lot of courage...  I thought the tune shows a lot of spirit and has a real relaxed feel - thanks for posting it.

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2004, 08:20:10 PM »
Hi Eddy. I agree with Frankie, sounding really good, singing and all. I thought your voice sounded real relaxed. Nice job! I like the fiddle addition too.

Offline thumbstyle

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 12:54:33 PM »
Hey Mr Natch,

Nice job! I don't know if the cringing ever goes away completely (I'm still waiting), but let me tell ya, you don't need to cringe. Your voice sounds really good, and I like the falsetto bits. Good stuff!

Dave

Offline Janmarie

• www.janmarieartworks.com
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 08:40:23 PM »
Eddy -
Thanks for posting the song.....really enjoyed it!  Great job - great voice - great playing!
So are you coming to camp then this summer?
The Jan

Offline Bill Roggensack

• Not dead yet!
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 09:43:50 PM »
Eddy:

Great singing and playing - negative cringe index! What guitar were you using and how did you record it? Also, I enjoyed the new lyrics - they fit right in, and I'm pretty sure Blind Blake would have added them himself if he'd lived long enough to know about CDs and videos.

Muff-diving what? and knickers in your mouth? - that's gotta come from personal experience, but I thought you had to go to Amsterdam!

See you in August,
Cheers,
FrontPage

Offline Mr.Natural

• mano sinistra
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 10:50:29 AM »
Waw, thanks a lot for all the encouraging comments.

Frankie: the fiddle's played by Philippe De Chaffoy de Courcelles, who also recorded the tune in his home studio. He plays in a Flemish jug/resonator outfit called THOSE METAL BOYS WITH THEIR METAL TOYS ( they have a cd with early jazz & western swing).

Janmarie: Yep, I'm coming to PT this summer (and I'm staying for the IGS workshop at Seattle University too). Great job on your cd too. A lifelong dream come true?

FrontPage: muffdivin' BULLDYKERS (a not very PC slang term for lesbians. And don't ask me about the knickers, you wouldn't want to know. I was in Amsterdam last week by the way, solely for cultural reasons of course). The guitar is a sunburst Gibson L-1 reissue from 1993. The recording was done by Philippe with pretty expensive gear but it doesn't show in the reduction to 24kbps for the Weenie site.

I'm posting another one I learned from Roy Book Binder's great concert video "Roy, the Reverend and the Devil's Music".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2005, 12:23:27 AM by waxwing »
don't mess with the Natch - he flosses with razorblades

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 11:53:03 AM »
Love them, very relaxed BB would be proud.

What is that other song that has a similar reference to ducks?
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 04:12:36 PM »
On further thinking about BB just what is it that makes his stuff so instantly recognizable, even before the first bar is over you know it's a BB number - what's his secret ingrediant?
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 08:14:20 AM »
Hi Eddie!

Sounds great to me too - I wish I had your cringe factor!  :D ... nice job on the guitar, fiddle and I like the yodel in the vocal.  Glad you are winding your way back to PT this year!

(and if Eddie can make if from Belgium, so can the rest of you slobs...  :) )

Thanks for posting,
Slack

Offline Reso1

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 10:55:47 PM »
Hey man, after listening to these two tunes, you go nothin' to cringe about! Good stuff!

Lee
I must say that I find television very educational. The minute somebody turns it on, I go to the  library and read a book.

-Groucho Marx

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal