collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don't live it, it won't come out of your horn - Charlie Parker

Author Topic: Other Internet Forums  (Read 1834 times)

Offline DanceGypsy

• Side Street Steppers
Other Internet Forums
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:44:32 PM »
What other Internet forums do you participate in?  When I first started poking around online and found Weenie Campbell, I also found the Acoustic Guitar Form (AGF).  I hung around for a few months, but it seemed to be mostly a meeting place for people with Guitar Acquisition Syndrome (GAS) and I was trying to find a way to STOP thinking of new/old instruments to buy.  So there went that.  I build banjos, so I am on the Banjo Hangout.  But that's about it - Weenie Cambell and the Banjo Hangout.  What about the rest of you?

Offline ericm

Re: Other Internet Forums
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
JOURNALIST: I guess your long hair makes you a girl.
Frank ZAPPA: I guess your wooden leg makes you a table.

Offline unezrider

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 05:12:12 PM »
hello friend,
i find i don't actually "contribute" all that often, (i'm sure it's less than 20 posts) but the telecaster forum is a great resource. a lot of knowledge there on topics like 50's era blues, rockabilly, western swing & country. your "mostly a meeting place for people with Guitar Acquisition Syndrome", would definitely apply, though!
most forums seem to be filled with people more interested in reading about playing music, than actually playing music. & while i was researching how to rewire a les paul, i was one of those folks too. but it (the guitar) came out well, & i have been using my free time a bit more productively since  ;)
http://www.tdpri.com/
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »
Like me, several other Weenies hang around the Larriv?e Guitars Forum. I also check into Ukulele Underground at times.

However, Weenie Campbell is my main haunt.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 01:17:17 PM »
Yeah....here, Larrivee Forum (though less these days), Woodshed, and Littlebrother Blues Forum.

Cheers,

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline unezrider

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 04:08:54 PM »
hey blue,
how is the little brother blues forum? i have been meaning to purchase a lesson of his (i know he's a good player) & i know that would give me access to the forum. & i find his site to have some informative stuff on it as is.
& for what it's worth, i've noticed his youtube page has more or less been emptied. i take it the forum is still up & running though?
thanks,
chris

Offline Mike Billo

• Howdy!
    • Mike Billo
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »

For Old-Time Music discussion, I visit "Sugar In The Gourd" at
      http://forum.sugarinthegourd.com/

Offline GavinG

• Only one missing is a National Style O....someday!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2010, 11:06:03 PM »
I hangout for lack of better term at

http://pickinparlor.nationalguitar.com

Of course here too....haha

I take a gander at the Reso Hangout sometime, not a member as of yet.

Other forums at random when searching something.

I think I ran across one regarding Telecasters I mean Telecaster was in the name...it seemed good when I found it, being a Tele owner.

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 10:22:25 AM »
Chris,

Sorry I missed this msg when you posted... ::)  LB's site is great!! a very supportive and welcoming group.  It is quite a small site so don't expect 50 new threads a day but the ones that there are can be quite informative.  It has been going through its summer doldrums of late but is bound to start picking up as the cold weather sets in.

Come on down and join us!  tell'em Blue sent ya!

Cheers,

Blue

hey blue,
how is the little brother blues forum? i have been meaning to purchase a lesson of his (i know he's a good player) & i know that would give me access to the forum. & i find his site to have some informative stuff on it as is.
& for what it's worth, i've noticed his youtube page has more or less been emptied. i take it the forum is still up & running though?
thanks,
chris

Blue in VT

Offline Stumblin

• Got the Blues, can't be satisfied
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 05:10:14 AM »
Like me, several other Weenies hang around the Larriv?e Guitars Forum. I also check into Ukulele Underground at times.

However, Weenie Campbell is my main haunt.
I go to Ukulele Underground too, I don't contribute much, just use it to find novel material.
I also frequent The Big Road Blues forum and Ukulele Cosmos, which I prefer over the Ukulele Underground forum - better songs.
Now that I've got used to the Weenie "no tabs" ethos, I find it's great to be challenged to improve my playing & expand my repertoire. Not sure if that's happened to any great extent yet, but I'm working on it.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 05:12:47 AM by Stumblin »

Offline unezrider

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 01:38:52 PM »
thanks blue!
i'll make a point of it.
chris

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal