Country Blues > Port Townsend Country Blues Workshop

Oatmeal anyone?

(1/4) > >>

waxwing:
So, I'm going to be joining the Weenie Campbell enclave this year, and I hope to contribute my BarBQ skills to the excellence of the experience for all (discussion of which, perhaps, needs it's own thread started?). I know that in the past the idea is that folks are on their own for breakfast. Due to my Scotish/Irish heritage, and also due to a recent physical, I eat oatmeal every morn. Having watched the steady flow of birthdays in the mid 50s on the Weenie calendar, I thought some of you other guys might be interested. It's just as easy to make 12 servings as it is 1 except for the time it takes to boil the water. I'll make organic steel cut oats, and supply a variety of dried fruits (mostly organic, no sulfur) and nuts, a pinch of cinnimon, and, say, 2% milk. I haven't done the math, but I imagine it would probably be about a buck, buck-fifty per serving, maybe less, but I won't skimp on quality of materials that I put in my body. It would be good if I had a fair idea of how many Weenies (and possible faculty guests) would be interested so that I could buy oats and stuff in bulk at my local natural foods market and Trader Joe's (I'll be driving up). Let me know, either here or email, if you're interested.
All for now.
John C.

Bill Roggensack:
As one of the more senior members of the "over the hill gang", I will ask that you please count me in. You are man after my own heart ( pardon the cholesterol pun), especially with the fruit and cinnamon. A glass of grapefruit juice, and two cups of excellent coffee to wash down the fibre supplement should put us all in good form to seize on the day. With or without a hangover. However, I reserve the right to partake of bacon and eggs at least a couple of times.

Slack:
Count me in John - I'll bring the salsa!

^-^

uncle bud:
I'd be into it as a part of the morning feed for a few days, without nuts, and very minor amounts of milk. (This thread is not very bluesy.  :D )

Peter McCracken:
There is a Cape Breton fiddler who told me about a certain breakfast they have up there - I can't remember what it's called, but it has a really cool name (you Canadians, please help me on this) - you take some oats, pour in some cream, and add a healthy dollop of whisky. I've been trying it all winter, and I almost have the proportions right. If this is the kind of "oatmeal" you're talking about, count me in. (are we getting more bluesy?)

Peter 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version