collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
God takes care of old folks and fools - J.T. Funny Papa Smith, Fool's Blues

Author Topic: Buddy Moss (Some Lonesome Day)  (Read 2025 times)

Offline Michael Kuehn

Buddy Moss (Some Lonesome Day)
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:14:18 PM »
I've been working on Buddy Moss' "Some Lonesome Day" from the Document Volume 2 1933-1934 disc and I'm curious if there is any info on the two versions that appear on that disc, 14065-1 and 14065-2. I bought this disc via download from Amazon so don't have any of the nifty liner notes. I don't know what sort of information there would be, perhaps nothing, but as I've gotten into listening and picking apart the two versions, I wondered if there is some story behind them. For example, listening closely with headphones, I could swear I hear another guitar playing bass runs in one of the versions -- or I was just hearing things, which is possible, as I'd never noticed that before. Then again, I've never listened to them this closely before.

So if anyone has background info on these recordings, either from the liner notes or otherwise, please share.

Thanks.

Mike

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Buddy Moss (Some Lonesome Day)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »
Almost certainly Curley Weaver on second guitar. I think Fred McMullen was also in the studio for these sessions and played second guitar on some of them, but it sounds like Curley to me.
Chris

Tags: Buddy Moss 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal