collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I don't read music; it looks like dog droppings to me - Pinetop Perkins, in Faded Blues by Howard Reich, Chicago Tribune

Author Topic: Roger Hubbard's CD Re-Release of "Brighton Belle Blues"  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Roger Hubbard's CD Re-Release of "Brighton Belle Blues"
« on: August 05, 2020, 12:26:22 AM »
Whilst on the subject of Blue Goose, Roger Hubbard has issued a CD version of his LP, "Brighton Belle Blues". It's available, as is a download, from his website:https://www.rogerhubbard.co.uk/sales.htm
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: Roger Hubbard's CD Re-Release of "Brighton Belle Blues"
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »
Whilst on the subject of Blue Goose, Roger Hubbard has issued a CD version of his LP, "Brighton Belle Blues". It's available, as is a download, from his website:
https://www.rogerhubbard.co.uk/sales.htm

Yep, that's another Blue Goose LP I picked up soon after it was released. I bought the CD when Taxim released it along with the Buick 6 albums. When Roger re-released "Brighton Belle Blues" in April, I went ahead and bought the CD version from him to give as a gift.

I have scans of the Blue Goose and Yazoo mini catalogs from the mid-70s. If anyone would like copies, send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send them as attachments.

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
I paid for a download on that site but have not heard anything. I am wondering if I should ask for my money back or be more patient?

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 05:51:34 PM »
If you paid using PayPal you should contact Roger using the PayPal contact info. --And there's also Roger's "Contact" page at his site:

https://www.rogerhubbard.co.uk/contact.htm

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 01:12:06 AM »
I paid for a download on that site but have not heard anything. I am wondering if I should ask for my money back or be more patient?

I've no idea how these things work, but if you have paid and cannot get the tracks, send me a PM and I'll phone Roger. I'm sure he'll do his best to sort it out as quickly as possible.
Barbecue Bob

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 05:33:46 AM »
I got with Roger, thanks for your suggestion. I either totally didn't see a link to download or it just wasn't obvious to me at least. But we are good now.

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 01:13:31 AM »
I got with Roger, thanks for your suggestion. I either totally didn't see a link to download or it just wasn't obvious to me at least. But we are good now.
Glad to hear it. I'm convinced you will enjoy it. He's playing just as well or more likely even better now. I've seen him live more times than I can count and he's never been known to play a song the same way twice. He always offers variety, having the ability to spontaneously adapt his playing on the spot. His modest excuse is that he "gets bored" playing the same way twice!
Barbecue Bob

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2020, 02:42:29 PM »
I'll add that his band Buick 6 is definitely worth checking out. Their "Cypress Grove" album is great, IMHO. And there's an album of songs by John Pearson and Roger (not duets), "Busy Bootin," --"Recorded live at The International Guitar Festival Of Great Britain, 13.11.1991 and Birkenhead Town Hall 9.11.1991"

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 01:15:03 AM »
I'll add that his band Buick 6 is definitely worth checking out. Their "Cypress Grove" album is great, IMHO. And there's an album of songs by John Pearson and Roger (not duets), "Busy Bootin," --"Recorded live at The International Guitar Festival Of Great Britain, 13.11.1991 and Birkenhead Town Hall 9.11.1991"
The Buicks' "Live at the Telegraph" gives a good impression of their live act, but as is usual for such albums is not the same as experiencing the real thing. The band has now broken up. Liam is busy with Steeleye Span and doubtless other projects. Apart from playing bass, Colin gets involved in graphics and other visuals. Roger has been playing with other musicians, usually Pete Shaw on bass (electric & upright) and Bruce Allen on drums, as well as doing solo gigs.
Barbecue Bob

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 10:17:22 AM »
After everything got sorted out I must say I am quite happy with Brighton Belle Blues.

Tags: Roger Hubbard 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal