collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I didn't like the way he sang. He was my brother, but he just had a way (Sings) 'Saddle up my pony, hook up my black maaaaare...' I didn't like that!... Now he picks good, but he just brings that song out, like there's somebody choking to death - Sam Chatmon on Charley Patton, from Giles Oakley's The Devil's Music, BBC

Author Topic: Two Trains Running - Film  (Read 1019 times)

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Two Trains Running - Film
« on: September 21, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »
You guys know about this film yet? Freedom Summer 1964 the two Trains are Civil Rights workers and Blues researchers

My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
Re: Two Trains Running - Film
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 03:09:53 PM »
Thanks for sharing. That looks great. Here's some more info on the film as well as where it'll be showing. Presumably at some point it'll be available to watch online for those who don't live in the select cities.

http://www.twotrainsrunnin.com/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 03:13:00 PM by TenBrook »

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 10:29:11 AM »
Hi all,
I just re-remembered that I was hoping this documentary would show up for online streaming and it looks like it's now available on Hulu and I believe it can be rented to watch on Amazon as well.

Lew

Offline TenBrook

• darkhollar.tumblr.com
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »
I started watching this this weekend and I highly recommend it. There are some wonderful insights into the journeys taken into the south to seek out Skip James, Son House and others including wonderful stories about the role Robert Wilkins played.

Offline Vermonter

• Howdy!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2019, 12:42:41 PM »
I saw this over a year ago at a film festival and am hoping to rewatch online. I thought the pairing of the two stories was more successful in some places than others, but loved the old footage and interviews. Well worth it.                 

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal