Country Blues > Super Electrical Recordings!

The Sherlock of Shellac: John Tefteller (YouTube Video)

(1/4) > >>

Stuart:
Here's the link:

Blues Vintage:
Thanks Stuart. The blues world really should be thankful to John finding those records.
He must be sitting on fortune too (or should I say he spend a fortune?) 75,000 - King Solomon Hill 78. 75,000 to 100,000 - "Crossroads Blues" 78. Will only go up in value.
A test pressing from Robert Johnson too -I've heard rumors that Mack McCormick had one (test pressing of a unreleased RJ song) or knew it's whereabouts.
Anyway some great stuff here. Good to know he raised the Willie Brown bounty from 25k to 75k or more.

MarkC:
Thanks Stuart. Very interesting and well done.

Does anyone recognize the song that’s playing during the last 90 seconds, starting around 32:22?

Blues Vintage:

--- Quote from: MarkC on October 13, 2023, 11:20:20 AM ---Does anyone recognize the song that’s playing during the last 90 seconds, starting around 32:22?

--- End quote ---

I wondered about that too. Sounds a bit like Robert Lockwood Junior style but it ain't him probably.

MarkC:
Blues Vintage - thanks for the suggestion, it sounds a lot like Lockwood. I was wondering if they stripped the vocal out - 90 seconds or so is a long stretch, IMHO this song doesn’t sound like an instrumental, but I might be wrong. I listened to Lockwood’s four 1941 sides but couldn’t match it (I don’t know if there were any alternative takes). Sounded closest to “Little Boy Blue.”

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version