collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
In 1968, Wells returned from a State Department-sponsored tour of Africa and told a Newsweek correspondent, "We got to one place and they had banners saying 'Welcome Home, Junior'. I told 'em, man I said, this ain't my home, I live one block north of the Loop. Then they asked me what I thought of black power. I said black power is me making it with Aretha Franklin." - from Larry Cohn's Nothing But The Blues

Author Topic: Blues in Brighton....  (Read 620 times)

Offline Adam Franklin

Blues in Brighton....
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:29:21 AM »
I'm playing in Brighton (UK) this Thursday. I'll be joined by Matt Bezants, who plays Harp on my new album, 'Til I Hear You Talkin'.

Adam Franklin
Thursday 14th June.
The Great Eastern-103 Trafalgar St.-Brighton-East Sussex-UK
First gig at this traditional community pub situated in the centre of Brighton. It's got a great reputation for roots music.
8:30pm start  Free entry

See my website for full venue details.

Looking forward, Adam.

Offline Adam Franklin

Re: Blues in Brighton....
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:09:13 AM »
It's all 'Mississippi High Water' round here.......people rowing up the main road isn't something I usually see......

Still, as long as I can get the boat up and running, I'll be in Brighton tomorrow night!

Looking forward, Adam.

Offline matt milton

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 01:28:15 AM »
Hi Adam. Hope all your gigging's going well.

Could you tell me a bit about the Great Eastern in Brighton as a venue? what's the promoters/noise/atmosphere/crowd like?

I've got Samuel James coming over for a very short trip to the UK, just to play a Saturday night London gig. It occurred to me I  might be able to sort out a gig not too far out of London for the Sunday night. Was wondering about Brighton...

Offline Adam Franklin

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 04:02:02 AM »
Hey Matt,

I'll send you a PM.

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal