collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well, I'm with you! - Hank Aaron's response to Craig Melvin's assertion that given his incredible baseball career numbers and accolades, which included 25 All-Star selections, there is a strong case that Aaron is the greatest player of all time - https://www.today.com/news/hank-aaron-shared-how-he-wanted-be-remembered-2020-today-t206658

Author Topic: RR Macleod's Lyric Books  (Read 5897 times)

Offline oddenda

Re: RR Macleod's Lyric Books
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 02:05:16 AM »
Folks like R.R. McLeod, or Stephan Wirtz are gifts from the gods... or need to get a life! Taking on such thankless tasks is, by its very nature, thankless (he said, stating the bleeding obvious), much like discography or bibliography. As with dancing bears, one doesn't criticize the choreography, but marvels that it's being done at all! McLeod at least has made a start on something, making OUR jobs just that bit more easy... and with, I presume a Scots accent as his norm?! How hard is that, to understand Black talk/song - don't forget the classic Japanese translation of the Elmore James tune "I Believe to my Soul" as "I Bleed Through my Soul". Maybe more poetic and romantic, but... .

May the farce be with you all.

yrs,
     Peter B.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Re: RR Macleod's Lyric Books
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 08:44:50 AM »
Hey Pete,

Being a newcomer here, I should let you know that dingwall is Bob McLeod, and when his time and energy allow he is a regular poster here with great appreciation from all. He has contributed heavily to our Lemon Jefferson lyrics thread, which is slowly nearing completion. I'm sure Bob can speak for himself, but I just wanted you to know that you are speaking to THE MAN.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags: books 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal