collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If you hit my dog, sure gonna kick your cat - Ed Bell, From Now On

Author Topic: Adam Tanner's "Sure as you're born"  (Read 3375 times)

Offline motmot

• Some said it's beans, some said it's greens
Adam Tanner's "Sure as you're born"
« on: May 10, 2007, 01:34:42 PM »
Breaking out of lurk mode to suggest that fellow Weenies will be interested in Adam Tanner's new CD, "Sure as you're born" ... it's blues on mandolin, fiddle, guitar, and washboard and blues harp ...

Some of you know Adam, and have played with him, and won't be surprised that his listed influences start off with "Mississippi Sheiks, Bo Carter, Walter Vinson, John Estes, Yank Rachell, Peg Leg Howell, Eddie Anthony ..." and end up with "Gribble, Lusk and York," and include lots of good folks in between.

You can find out more, and hear some samples at http://www.myspace.com/ADAMTANNERMUSIC.

Adam has very patiently and enthusiastically taught me a lot about the fiddle the last couple years, but the standard disclaimers apply.

Best,
motmot
... but it's a slow consumption, killing me by degrees

Cooljack

Re: Adam Tanner's "Sure as you're born"
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:46:39 AM »
Just giving them a listen now, I quite like the second song "Sow Good Seeds" it has a very nice sound to it. In the songs with Fiddle acompanyment I think it's a little bit off and dosen't quite blend in aswell as it could do. Though come to think of it im reminded a bit of Peg leg howell so I have to say in some ways I quite like the fiddle playing as it is.

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal