collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
What is Blues then? It's a worried mind. It boils down to worry. Sometimes you worry so, it cause you to jump off the 'Frisco bridge up here, worry you so it cause you to stick a gun in you... that's all, it's worry. Some folks say, 'well, he went out of his head'. Well, if it's worry cause you to go out of your head, that's what it is. But that's the Blues - Reverend Rubin Lacy

Author Topic: John Miller Concert Wish  (Read 2854 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: John Miller Concert Wish
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2020, 11:59:29 AM »
Hi all,
Here is the link for the YouTube concert I'll be doing this coming Saturday, at 7:00 PM, EDT, 4:00 PM, PDT: . The show is being hosted by the Trumansburg Conservatory of the Fine Arts, and they have presented a series of on-line concerts during this pandemic period, when it has not been safe to give or attend in-person concerts. I understand that this start time will place the concert in nighttime hours for some of you, but I'll do my very best to make staying up worth your while, with a program of original Country Blues arrangements and songs, some songs from the Great American Songbook by composers like Hoagy Carmichael and Jerome Kern and some original tunes. I hope that you'll enjoy the music.

All best,
Johnm

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 06:14:41 AM by Johnm »

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2020, 02:32:31 PM »
This is great John, congratulations on pulling it off!

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2020, 03:14:20 PM »
Thanks, John, and a huge thank you is in order to Mark Costa of the Trumansburg Conservatory who talked me through setting up my own youtube channel and doing the concert. Without his expert assistance and advice, I'm pretty confident I wouldn't have been able to figure out all of the ins and outs of it on my own.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2020, 04:03:12 PM »
Can I make a song request?  "The Singing Moon" ....  *with* those Argentine dancers.   :P  Kidding of course, I'm still in love with Eva Lucero... makes my heart swoon.

Actually, you should get this video moved over to your channel... now that you have one.

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2020, 06:24:10 AM »
Sure, I'll play that tune, John, though I don't think I can line up the dancers for the concert.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2020, 07:33:49 AM »
I'd love that!  It's such a beautiful composition!

Offline eric

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2020, 10:47:23 AM »
Great, that's a wonderful tune and video.
--
Eric

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 10:01:20 AM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to let Weenies living east of the Atlantic Ocean or west of the Pacific Ocean know that I spoke with Mark Costa, the technical director of the Trumansburg Conservatory, and found out that the concert will remain up on YouTube after the live performance this Saturday, with the same link, , so you will be able to watch it at your leisure after the actual presentation is done, if you would prefer to do that. I know a number of you would have had to watch it at midnight or later, if that was the only option.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 05:33:03 PM by Johnm »

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 10:36:30 AM »
That’s good news. I had planned to stay up until well past my normal bedtime, but now I’ll get to watch on Saturday instead!

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2020, 05:35:12 AM »
That’s good news. I had planned to stay up until well past my normal bedtime, but now I’ll get to watch on Saturday instead!

You mean sunday?

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2020, 09:28:24 AM »
You're right, Harry! Sunday it is!

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2020, 03:55:42 PM »
Hi all,

Just a reminder that John Miller's concert online will be starting in just a few minutes online at his youtube channel. Don't miss it!

Cheers,

Pan

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2020, 05:08:29 PM »
Thanks for a wonderful concert, John! Well worth staying up late here in Berlin!

Cheers,

Pan

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2020, 05:18:58 PM »
Thanks for the great show, John. It was thoroughly enjoyable. And your choice of material was top notch.

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2020, 06:54:52 PM »
I enjoyed the concert John... and enjoyed seeing you again!  I was helping a neighbor move some furniture, so I missed the Live version by about 2 hours... but it's very cool, and convenient, that the video is available immediately to watch again!  Thanks for 'The Singing Moon'!

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal