collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
If it ain't been in a pawn shop, it can't play the blues - Frank Edwards, holding a Silvertone guitar (two pickups) and harmonica on a neckrack

Author Topic: John Miller Website  (Read 80465 times)

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Zoom Classes: Fingerstyle Blues Guitar in Open/Alternate Tunings
« Reply #240 on: April 03, 2024, 09:33:45 AM »
Hi all,
I just wanted to add that the series of Zoom classes on open/alternate tunings that I'm starting this Saturday with a class on Spanish tuning will not be heavily theory-driven. We'll back into the theory via the sound and the chord shapes.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: April 03, 2024, 10:46:36 AM by Johnm »

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Zoom Classes: Fingerstyle Blues In Vestapol Tuning
« Reply #241 on: April 15, 2024, 07:18:55 AM »
Hi all,

Fingerstyle Blues in Vestapol (Open D) Tuning

This second class on open/alternate tunings used in fingerstyle blues guitar will be held this coming Saturday, April 20th, at 10:00 AM Pacific Standard Time. We値l start the class by seeing how the blues scale sits in Vestapol tuning and how the I, IV and V7 chords have most commonly been voiced by players of the past. We値l then look at the approach that several of the players who specialized in Vestapol tuning took to playing in it用eople like Bo Carter, Furry Lewis, Josh White, and Blind Connie Williams. We値l conclude the class by looking for possibilities that the tuning offers that were not utilized by players of the past but that nonetheless speak in the language of the blues, and will arrange a couple of well-known blues in Vestapol.

The class will be recorded and sent to all participants so you値l be able to review the lesson content. Persons interested in the class who are unable to attend the day it is offered may still purchase it and receive the film of the class. Cost of the class is $40.00. To sign up, make a payment to my account at paypal.com as per the instructions at https://johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html . Once I致e been notified that payment has been made, I値l send you an invitation. I hope to see you there!

All best,
Johnm

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Zoom Classes: Fingerstyle Blues in EAEGBE Tuning
« Reply #242 on: Today at 06:58:18 AM »
Hi all,

Fingerstyle Blues in EAEGBE Tuning

The next in this series of Zoom classes on open/alternate tunings used in Country Blues will be held this coming Saturday, May 4, at 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, and will focus on EAEGBE tuning. This tuning is one of the best-kept secrets in fingerstyle blues but has nonetheless had its share of ace practitioners down through the years. We値l open the class by getting oriented to where the blues scale sits in it and examine different options for playing the I, IV and V7 chords. Then we値l look at how some of the players who specialized in the tuning, like Furry Lewis, Clifford Gibson and Henry Spaulding played in the tuning. We値l then look at other possibilities the tuning makes available that are yet to be utilized and conclude with a question-and-answer period.

The class will be recorded and sent to all participants so you値l be able to review the lesson content. Persons interested in the class who are unable to attend the day it is offered may still purchase it and receive the film of the class, which is sent to all purchasers immediately following the presentation. Cost of the class is $40.00. To sign up, make a payment to my account at paypal.com as per the instructions at https://johnmillerguitar.com/teaching.html . Once I致e been notified that payment has been made, I値l send you an invitation. I hope to see you there!

All best,
Johnm

Tags: John Miller 2017 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal