collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
We are told to our faces often that though our quartet is one of the best that has been heard up here, they would like us better if we would "play the Nigger" - their own words - more... every day we are made to understand that if there was less refinement about us and more fool, we would do better... When I have about three persons ask for the [spirituals] and about four score ask that we dance and sing songs which tell of Negroes stealing chickens, I make no pretensions to try to please - Tuskegee Quartet member Isaac Fisher, in a letter to Dr. Booker T. Washington, c. 1900

Author Topic: Appearing with Honeyboy Edwards  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Gingergeezer

Appearing with Honeyboy Edwards
« on: July 08, 2007, 05:53:45 AM »
Hello folks, I wouldn't normally blow our own trumpet (or harmonica, come to that) but I thought I'd let people know that we (Lee Bates and Billy Newton) www.freewebs.com/leeandbilly/ are appearing with the legendary David Honeyboy Edwards at the Cluny, Newcastle upon Tyne (U.K.) on August 16th. It's real honour for us to share the stage with this great man and if any of you can make it it's be good to see you, come and introduce yourself. (If not there then come and see us at Upton Blues Festival on July 21st!)

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
Re: Appearing with Honeyboy Edwards
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 11:18:09 AM »
Hey GG - sorry won't make it to Honeyboy, but both Snakehips and I will be at Upton, so see you there...(Upton has fewer Beirut-type venues than Dundee - so why not persuade a  certain hotshot cousin to come to Upton too)?
Prof S

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:23:09 AM »
Thanks for the YouTube link to Beggin' Back, GG. Really enjoyed it.

Offline Coyote Slim

• coyoteslim.com
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 10:34:27 AM »
It's a bit of a long drive from San Jose.   :D
Puttin' on my Carrhartts, I gotta work out in the field.

Coyote Slim's Youtube Channel

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal