collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

I'm gonna start me a graveyard of my own, if you rounders don't leave my women alone - The Georgia Crackers

Author Topic: New Idea for Weenie Juke -- Play Entire CD  (Read 2011 times)

Offline SFguitar

• Howdy!
New Idea for Weenie Juke -- Play Entire CD
« on: January 11, 2005, 01:02:35 PM »
I have a suggestion for programming on the Weenie Juke:? how about a weekly program where you play an entire CD all the way through?? I, for one, would love to hear the entire Document CD entitled, "1927-1930 Ragtime Blues Guitar," which I think is currently unavailable through Amazon.? It could be at a set time, so that your listeners with software for downloading and saving internet streaming audio could be at the ready!

Thanks.

Offline frankie

• DoneGone.net
Re: New Idea for Weenie Juke -- Play Entire CD
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 01:07:26 PM »
Welcome to forum, SFguitar.

Somebody who knows this stuff better than me will correct me if I'm wrong, but the scenario you just described breaks nearly all the regulations for internet broadcasting.

Edited to add:  you also might want to read the Introduction to the Juke thread.  While weenie can't prevent you from capturing the streaming audio, it is expressly discouraged.  Part of our mission is to support the musicians who play the music and the labels who produce the CDs - it would be hard to justify encouraging the kind of programming you suggest with that in mind...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 01:17:16 PM by frankie »

boots

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 01:24:34 PM »
I don't think that this idea will get much support. Also bear in mind that the Juke is international and so any set programme timings would not suit a lot o people.

Boots

Offline uncle bud

• Administrator
  • Rank amateur
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 01:28:28 PM »
I'll go further. I would say the scenario described is a good way to get the Juke shut down immediately.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 01:33:46 PM »
Hey SFg,
Welcome to Weenie Campbell.
Yeah, not a very workable idea. But, take heart. Document has announced thet the remastered reissue will be released in 2005. I'm lookin' out for that one myself. (hint, hint).
All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 02:14:06 PM »
Hi SF Guitar,

Welcome to WC.   :D  The fellars are right.  For the most part (we fudge a little) we try to follow the Digital Millenium Copyright Act for internet broadcasting.  We are not suppose to publish in advance the songs we will play -- especially for the express reason to rip the stream.  There are a number of rules we follow, one not mentioned in the "Weenie Juke Rotation and Request Policy" is that our queue contains only the artist coming up and not the artist and song (beacause it breaks the rule). 

Frankie had a good suggestion on reading the Introduction to the Juke regarding our attitude toward copyright and where much of this music falls regarding copyright - still, we want to pretty much follow the rules with this old music as we are moving toward the playing of modern country blues players, where there is no doubt about copyright.

And I do monitor our streams for stream ripping software.  If I see it, I'll ban the IP for a period of time and then re-instate.  After a few bannings, most folks get the hint.

Also, we want you to be listening to the Juke.  ;)

Cheers,
Slack

Offline Slack

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 03:44:47 PM »
Also, and not to deny SFGuitar a response (you can email me if you need further info)  - I'm going to lock the topic.  As stated in the Introduction - we really don't want protracted threads about copyright, plenty of those on the internet already.

Thanks,
Slack

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal