collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Like Us on Facebook

I tell you, all them scounds could play good; I don't know which one was best. I liked that Lonnie - he was the big fat one - I liked his violin playin', but that other one, what played violin and piano, too, and everything, I believe it was Bert. They both played so good, it'd be hard to tell how to judge which one played the best - Houston Stackhouse remembers the Chatmon brothers, The Voice of the Blues

Author Topic: The 78's show  (Read 1699 times)

boots

The 78's show
« on: December 15, 2004, 02:17:50 PM »
Hi! There,
I've have just had to sit through an hour of scratches. All I can say is "nice one, Richard". Some long gappy intros, but  none long enough to pour a scotch. A magnificent effort. I'm waiting for the second installment.

I'm looking forward to hearing the Memphis Minnie show in its entirity.

Boots

Offline Richard

• Global Moderator
  • Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Re: The 78's show
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 01:50:42 PM »
Thank you, most kind  O0

It was 'our' first juke effort - the long distance recording techniques have improved slightly and the learning curve is now less steep! And, I have finally bought a decent mic which will take out the grauching noises  ::)

I do have another 'profile' planned but at the precise moment this #@$%*&g computer is in dire need of a new hard disk  >:(  and there is so much on it I need to do a little careful decanting before ripping it to bits.

Do stay tuned as I should have more in the new year;)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

boots

Re: The 78's show
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 02:07:36 PM »

I do have another 'profile' planned but at the precise moment this #@$%*&g computer is in dire need of a new hard disk  >:(  and there is so much on it I need to do a little careful decanting before ripping it to bits.

Do stay tuned as I should have more in the new year;)

Hi! Richard,
I'll wait eagerly & patient, it should be well worth it. Maybe a little less on the jazz side (not moaning, just my preference).

Hard discs are big & cheap nowadays, just as well seeing the time of the year.

Happy Christmas to you and the rest of the Weenie Big Wigs.

Boots

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal