collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Well, I'm with you! - Hank Aaron's response to Craig Melvin's assertion that given his incredible baseball career numbers and accolades, which included 25 All-Star selections, there is a strong case that Aaron is the greatest player of all time - https://www.today.com/news/hank-aaron-shared-how-he-wanted-be-remembered-2020-today-t206658

Author Topic: New Information About Paramount Blues Artist Blind Blake About to Be Revealed  (Read 22628 times)

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
This was posted at the Blindman's Blues Forum:

News expected to hit late August/early September?

Stay tuned. Look for Blues & Rhythm Magazine issue number 263.

The research was conducted by Alex van der Tuuk, Eric LeBlanc, Rob Ford, Bob Eagle and Angela Mack (moi).

http://www.sociofocus.com/2011/08/16/new-information-about-paramount-blues-artist-blind-blake-about-to-be-revealed/

Cheers

Pan

« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:44:27 PM by Slack »

Offline Parlor Picker

• Aloha
Given the researchers and publication involved, maybe we can hope for something revealing.
"I ain't good looking, teeth don't shine like pearls,
So glad good looks don't take you through this world."
Barbecue Bob

Offline Blues Vintage

• Global Moderator
Looks promising. Am I reading this right? A second photo of Blake and a guitar he actually played?

Offline Pan

• Howdy!
Looks promising. Am I reading this right? A second photo of Blake and a guitar he actually played?

I very much doubt that. If memory serves, some kind of an analysis regarding what size guitar he played was made, by comparing and measuring the guitar and Blake's anatomy on the only known photograph.

Cheers

Pan

Offline misterjones

Why do I think this is going to turn out to be incredibly lame?  Perhaps its the author's vocabulary/spelling issues.  Perhaps it's because she put ?new information? in quotes.

Offline Gumbo

• So Papa climbed up on top of the house
hehe - once i started reading the article i found that my interest had peaked as well  :P

Offline CF

Additions to Blake's biography are most welcome, here here! I WISH we had another photo  :(
Here's a great piece written by GD Wardlow & Joel Slotnikoff

http://www.bluesworld.com/Blake.html
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline misterjones

hehe - once i started reading the article i found that my interest had peaked as well  :P

Good pun.  Wish I'd thought of it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 08:15:54 AM by misterjones »

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Why do I think this is going to turn out to be incredibly lame?  Perhaps its the author's vocabulary/spelling issues.  Perhaps it's because she put ?new information? in quotes.

The other authors, who are likely the primary researchers and writers, have proven track records, and Blues and Rhythm does not usually publish crap, so I would not be overly concerned about vocabulary. I look forward to new information, though whether any extraordinary revelations come of it is another story.

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
Bob Eagle has done a lot of work with U.S. census records.  I wonder if they've pinned down a birth date, place, and  family.

Offline Blind Arthur

• Romancescam
Whatever it is they have found out, I?m very excited to hear anything new or newly analyzied by one of my long-time favourite musicians. Yes, anything about Blake other than what we know from his records and copyright lists and Bill Williams should meet high expectations.
And maybe some gentle soul at last issues that alt. take of "Baby Lou Blues". And finds the other missing record from the 1931 session. And the ominous "How I?m Feeling" recording...
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:00:10 PM by Blind Arthur »
You canīt trust your baby when the ice man comes hanging around :D

Offline ParamountAngie

misterjones,

Contrary to YOUR belief, the information is not "lame".  I wrote the article http://www.sociofocus.com/2011/08/16/new-information-about-paramount-blues-artist-blind-blake-about-to-be-revealed/ and was one of the researchers on the "new information" about Blind Blake. 

I am anxiously awaiting the article to be released and into the hands of the public.  I have been waiting since April! 

IT IS SUBSTANTIAL.  MARK MY WORDS.  Let's talk once it's released.....haha

Sincerely,
Angie co-founder of http://www.paramountshome.org

Offline ParamountAngie

You are correct, Pan.  Extensive research has already been done by Akira Kikuchi of Japan surrounding the Blind Blake photograph taken in Grafton, WI, his size, his guitar, etc.....

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Welcome Angie!

We're kinda skeptical around here, sorry about that. In defense of the skeptics we've seen more than a few boondoggles in our time and have become somewhat jaded I guess.

I look forward to reading, having long been fascinated by Blake's origins but more particularly by his almost supernatural disappearance from the scene. Sincerely hoping your team can shed some light.

Offline eric

Hey Angie,

Neat website.  I look forward to the article.
--
Eric

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal