collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Yeah, [Willie Brown] could make up verses pretty good. Yeah, 'cause he'd start on one thing he'd let near about every word be pertaining to what he pronounced what he was going to play about. That's the difference in him and Charley [Patton]... Charley, he could start singing of the shoe there and wind up singing about that banana - Son House, interview with Stefan Grossman

Author Topic: Highly recommended  (Read 997 times)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
Highly recommended
« on: January 11, 2009, 03:24:55 AM »
Thought I would give our homegrown UK luthier, Rick Sellens a plug for the work he has just carried out on a little period piece I aquired some time ago in one of my various vintage guitar trades! It's a really loud little beast of parlour guitar that has more patination than you can shake a stick at, it weighs virtually nothing and is thought to be European c1900.

It had been set up for lap... yes lap, aeons ago but even for lap the fret markers were somewhat suspect and the neck was also more than a little off course, but since I thought it was about time I attempted to play like the rest of you, it would be a lovely thing to start on  :D So armed with reccomendations by Natterjack, Blueshome et al off it went to Rick who has done fantastic job of grafting a new fingerboard ontop of the existing curved one, the work was then road tested by Parlour Picker and Blueshome with no complaints.

Yesterday I grafted on an old and battered trapeze tailpiece which is far more in keeping than original the aluminium monstrosity so all I have to do now is learn to hold it the other way up....  :-X

Attached are a couple of pics plus one of the 'orrible orignal tailpiece.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 03:42:20 PM by Johnm »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags: luthier 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal