collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
That was a good job too, all I had to do when a lady came in to try on a pair of shoes was just to lace up her laces. But the boss fired me there, said I got above my job - Chris Bouchillon, Born In Hard Luck

Author Topic: Blues Mandolin Man- Yank Rachell  (Read 1437 times)

mississippijohnhurt1928

Blues Mandolin Man- Yank Rachell
« on: August 08, 2007, 06:45:02 PM »
I have nearly finished reading this great book which consists mainly of interviews with Yank made sometime in the 1990s (Probably '95/'96 since he did die before his life's story could be finished by him.)

Has anyone else here read this book?

Offline banjochris

• Administrator
Re: Blues Mandolin Man- Yank Rachell
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:59:22 PM »
Yup, and Yank gets extra points for the cross-dresser story.  :o
Chris

Offline mr mando

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 06:17:15 AM »
OF COURSE I read it when it came out. It's a nice book. Now that you mention it, I'm reminded of my favorite Yank quote from the book which I'll add to the 2007 Quote Drive soon.

Griffis

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 11:08:14 AM »
ooh. This is news to me! Can't wait to track it down. I love this guy. His work with Sleepy John Estes and his appearance in the Louie bluie documentary are wonderful.

I recently purchased a Document label CD by a man named Al Miller who could also be called a mandolin bluesman, though he did a lot of hokum and jazz as well. Interesting CD. According to the liner notes, almost nothing is known of him.

mississippijohnhurt1928

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:59 PM »
ooh. This is news to me! Can't wait to track it down. I love this guy. His work with Sleepy John Estes and his appearance in the Louie bluie documentary are wonderful.

I recently purchased a Document label CD by a man named Al Miller who could also be called a mandolin bluesman, though he did a lot of hokum and jazz as well. Interesting CD. According to the liner notes, almost nothing is known of him.

I just listened to an All Miller song: "Ain't That A Mess"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal