Country Blues > Performance Corner

Monthly acoustic blues night in Hastings, UK

(1/2) > >>

Parlor Picker:
Local acoustic blues player, Mick Knight, has started a monthly blues and American roots music night at the Jenny Lind in Hastings Old Town. It will be every 2nd Monday in the month and entrance is free. Floor spots are welcome. Please support this worthwhile event and spend a bit of money in the pub, as they are not charging for use of their room. He has already organised and hosted a Rev. Gary Davis evening and the next one pays tribute to Blind Lemon Jefferson.

SClikes:
Lemon Henry Jefferson, known as Blind Lemon Jefferson, born September 24, 1893 in Coutchman, Texas. He was a great American blues singer and guitarist. Thanks for this post.

Blues Vintage:
The blues nerd I am, I had to look up Coutchman, Texas. 'Cause I'd never heard of it. No results on google maps. No wonder, it's now a ghost town.

Sounds like a great event this monthly blues and American roots music night.
They should invite Roger Hubbard who lives in Hastings if I remember correctly from the recent documentary.

Parlor Picker:

--- Quote from: Blues Vintage on June 22, 2022, 03:35:01 PM ---They should invite Roger Hubbard who lives in Hastings if I remember correctly from the recent documentary.

--- End quote ---
He lives not far from Hastings and Mick is going to approach him.

Slack:
Here is what our old Port Townsend friend has been up to lately.  Likes like a cool acoustic blues club they've got going.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version