collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
The blues... ain't no cause for jumpin'. You go to jumpin', THAT ain't the blues. The blues is just by itself... - Son House

Author Topic: Two Weenies seen in one room - CB breaks out  (Read 1590 times)

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
Two Weenies seen in one room - CB breaks out
« on: December 01, 2004, 08:51:31 AM »
I got to visit with Frank, Kim and their two great kids, last night. Couldn't tear myself away until about 2 AM, on a school night even. Frank, you are incorrigible! We shouldn't have brought up Leadbelly when I was trying to leave the second time at about 1. Frank gave me some pointers on my approach to Back Door Blues and he and Kim played a bunch of guitar/fiddle duets, including the Baxter Bros' Second 'Bama Long Blues (which took me back to JohnM and Cleoma/Suzy's class). Really great stuff, Frank, your right hand attack really blows me away. Now I know some of your inspiration. Oh, and we put in a call to Ari, to get the right proportions for Turkish Tea, so I said "Hey" from all the Weenies. He's diggin' the Juke.
In light of the recent "I am an Island of CB" thread it really made me see how important the Weenie Community is. I would have never met Frank otherwise. Or the rest of you guys, for that matter.
All for now.
John C.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 02:25:52 PM by Slack »
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline frankie

• Old Refuge
Re: Two Weenies seen in one room - CB breaks out
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 11:41:21 AM »
Nice to see you, John, and I'm glad you could find time to drop by.  Gotta be careful about certain conversation topics around me...  Leadbelly and Blind Lemon are sure to get me going!

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal