collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Lord I get myself on the Pardon Board, you know I got denied again. Been on the Board three times, each time I was denied. But I hopes in the good Lord. Lord have mercy on me - Robert Pete Williams, Pardon Denied Again

Author Topic: Now We are six....... ummm..... make that Geezers  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Bald Melon Jefferson

Re: Now We are six....... ummm..... make that Geezers
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:05 AM »
 "For some, sixty is still to early"
Don't mean to hijack a very interesting and thought-provoking thread (if I were half as articulate as Phil I'd be four times as articulate as I is) but....
 I ran into Harry (Arthur as I knew him as a photography/visual arts prof from '73-76) last year at a local photo installation of his and he said he was back playing, recording a new album and having a great time of it!  I saw him perform live, coerced into playing a handful of tunes on a cheap classical guitar at a party in Hollywood way backback then. Fate is only twice.
As someone who started playing in his 40's... this is most inspiring indeed!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 09:59:17 AM by Bald Melon Jefferson »
Support the Music Maker Relief Foundation

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2013, 10:01:32 AM »
Hi Gary:

Having hijacked and ported over your Woodshed post, I'll just add a paraphrase of/from Mel Bay, "It's not when you start or how well you play, but how much you enjoy it."

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 07:51:38 AM »
It is all about the joy of it.  I tell students not think of it as practice, you don't get paid to practice. Doctors and lawyers get paid to practice.  Play with your music, find the joy in it. 

A few months ago this young, attractive woman asked me how long I have been playing.  I said I started in 1963.  She said, "That's fifty years!".  I felt old.

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:01 AM »
It is all about the joy of it.

Ain't that the truth! --And it includes the joy of  the hard work, along with the frustration and discouragement that is part of the process of learning a song  that you love. You just can't sit around and wait for it to happen for yez... (As a certain member might put it.)

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal