collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
I thought that it was such a privilege for me to be doing those sides with Georgia, that I decided to do everything I could in one bar. Everything I could dream of, I wanted to be sure I got it all in. I was like a dive bomber coming in, playing everything but what she was singing, playing the fastest run I could that had nothing to do with expressing the blues. It was wrong! - The self deprecating Les Paul on his 1936 recording sessions backing Georgia White

Author Topic: Live acoustic blues show on YouTube  (Read 1874 times)

Offline MandolinPaul

Live acoustic blues show on YouTube
« on: October 06, 2020, 07:37:53 AM »
On Thursday night at 8pm I'll be doing another one of my free, online acoustic blues shows. Don't you need to hear a half hour of songs about love, death, and misery? Please share this with anyone you know who may be interested.

Note to mods: I started a new topic for this because I do the shows on YouTube now instead of Facebook. I wanted people to notice that in case the subject line of Facebook turned non-Facebook people away. If this is inappropriate or not ideal, please do whatever you think is appropriate.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline MandolinPaul

Re: Live acoustic blues show on YouTube
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 11:10:29 AM »
At 8pm eastern time on Thu, Nov 19 I'm doing another free acoustic blues show. Join me live on YouTube for 40 minutes of songs about love, death, and misery on mandolin, lap slide guitar, and banjos. Please share this with anyone who may be interested.

Here's a link to the beginning of a Mississippi John Hurt song I did on mando in last month's show:

https://youtu.be/nAVS0k-Y-DM?t=1142

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2020, 01:15:56 PM »
On New Year's Day, I'll be doing another YouTube Live show, singing and playing some acoustic blues on banjos, resonator and mandolin. This will be the eleventh show in a series that I've done since isolation.

The show starts at 8pm eastern time. You don't need a mask to watch it from the comfort of your living room.

Here's the link to the event:

A slide song from my last show:
Evil (Howlin' Wolf) -

A mandolin song from my last show:
Cakewalk into Town (Taj Mahal) -

A song on the Irish banjo from my last show:
No Place to Go (Howlin' Wolf) -

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 05:27:52 PM »
Free acoustic blues show on YouTube. Thu, Feb 25 at 8pm eastern time. Join me for 40 minutes of blues being played on mandolin, lap slide resonator guitar, and banjos. Tell your friends!

Hard Time Killing Floor Blues (Skip James)

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »
Free acoustic blues show on YouTube. Fri, Apr 2 at 8pm eastern time. Join me for 40 minutes of blues being played on mandolin, lap slide resonator guitar, and banjos. Tell your friends!

A song on the tenor guitar from my last show:
Won't Be Long for Day (Blind Willie McTell)

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2021, 07:27:35 PM »
Free acoustic blues show on YouTube. Thu, July 29 at 8pm eastern time. Join me for 40 minutes of blues played on mandolin, lap slide resonator guitar, and banjos. Tell your friends!

If You Lose Your Money (Brownie McGhee)

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 11:57:27 AM »
On Wed, Oct 6/2021, I'll be doing another YouTube Live show, singing and playing some acoustic blues on banjos, resonator and mandolin. This will be the 16th show in a series that I've done since the pandemic began.

This free show starts at 8pm eastern time. You don't need a mask to watch it from the comfort of your living room, and you can drink as you please.

Here's the link to the event:

A song on Irish tenor banjo from a previous show:
Kindhearted Woman Blues (Robert Johnson)

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 10:20:36 AM »
Free acoustic blues show on YouTube. Thu, Dec 30/2021 at 8pm eastern. Join me for 40 minutes of blues played on mandolin, lap slide resonator guitar, and banjos. Tell your friends!

Offline MandolinPaul

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2022, 06:23:56 PM »
Free acoustic blues show on YouTube. Thu, May 5/2022 at 8pm eastern. Join me for 40 minutes of blues played on mandolin, lap slide resonator guitar, and banjos. Tell your friends!

A song on Irish tenor banjo from a previous show:
Winnie the Wailer (Lonnie Johnson)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal