collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
He said he would play for me if I wished and I urged him to play me a number. His ability as a guitarist is unbelievable. I have never heard better playing - Reverend Gary Davis, Blind student welfare case worker Laura Miller in Durham, NC 1941

Author Topic: Cross Road Blues  (Read 647 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Blues & Roots
    • Delta Slim's Youtube Channel
Cross Road Blues
« on: April 13, 2014, 07:22:45 AM »
I know you guys don't get excited much with these "new" blues guys but I thought of sharing anyway. I was testing some new mics for recording.

"In life I was silent; In death I sweetly sing"

http://www.youtube.com/deltaslim

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Re: Cross Road Blues
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:25:39 AM »
Smooth and nice touch, deltaslim. I like how you go long and don't even things out, part of the charm of the original for me, too.

Offline Prof Scratchy

• Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 11:57:16 AM »
Good version, Deltaslim!

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Tapatalk

Offline harriet

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 12:09:41 PM »
whoa!

Offline sustaireblues

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:19:23 AM »
That was nice!
Thanks for posting.

Offline RobBob

• Blues is truth.
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 07:05:11 AM »
Mighty fine pickin' there my friend.

Offline ArthurBlake

• I laid him out cold, with his heels in a tub.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 07:44:57 AM »
Yeah, I agree this new fangled Robert Johnson is way too recent and "new". To be serious, once again a nice job and the mics seem very fine.
I met a woman she was a pigmeat some
Big fat mouth, I followed her home
She pulled a gun and broke my jaw
Didnt leave me hard on, I didnt get sore

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 09:13:02 AM »
Good job!
A little known fact is that "the crossroads" was a major trucking route and a Robert Johnson, not necessarily THE Robert Johnson, was repeatedly struck by thundering Macs, Peterbuilts, Kenworths, Volvos, Fords and other trucks (lorries? for youse across the pond) traveling at high speeds. He was pummeled beyond recognition too many times to count,but was always able to reassemble his molecules long enough not to look like a squashed porcupine. he could also bounce back and play "Red Hots" after each squashing. Mrs. Etheria Smop, who lived up the road expressed wonderment at this phenomenon. "We just couldn't figure out why he'd keep going there to get hit by those trucks. Seemed ridiculous to us frankly." This seems to have been the general feeling at the shopping center adjacent to the crossroads. "He'd come in here get a cup of Black Coffee,said Oscar Norwich of Oscar's house of sandwiches, with two sugars, a tuna sandwich and a bag of chips (crisps, Brits) and go get hit by trucks, and then play his guitar, nice too. It was the damnedest thing"
So there you have it. Traffic safety and the Blues.
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Offline Dom94

• Howdy!
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 01:20:18 PM »
Really Nice ! I like the sound of your Republic Guitar
Playin' Blues is Freedom

Offline CF

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2014, 07:13:42 PM »
Good job!
A little known fact is that "the crossroads" was a major trucking route and a Robert Johnson, not necessarily THE Robert Johnson, was repeatedly struck by thundering Macs, Peterbuilts, Kenworths, Volvos, Fords and other trucks (lorries? for youse across the pond) traveling at high speeds. He was pummeled beyond recognition too many times to count,but was always able to reassemble his molecules long enough not to look like a squashed porcupine. he could also bounce back and play "Red Hots" after each squashing. Mrs. Etheria Smop, who lived up the road expressed wonderment at this phenomenon. "We just couldn't figure out why he'd keep going there to get hit by those trucks. Seemed ridiculous to us frankly." This seems to have been the general feeling at the shopping center adjacent to the crossroads. "He'd come in here get a cup of Black Coffee,said Oscar Norwich of Oscar's house of sandwiches, with two sugars, a tuna sandwich and a bag of chips (crisps, Brits) and go get hit by trucks, and then play his guitar, nice too. It was the damnedest thing"
So there you have it. Traffic safety and the Blues.

Now that's a Crossroads legend I can get behind!! Thanks Phil :)
Stand By If You Wanna Hear It Again . . .

Offline deltaslim

• Blues & Roots
    • Delta Slim's Youtube Channel
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 05:15:27 AM »
Thanks for the kind words, guys.

... and Mr.O'Muck - That's legend--wait for it--dary! Brings to mind, "the blue light was my blues, the red light was my mind." LOL
"In life I was silent; In death I sweetly sing"

http://www.youtube.com/deltaslim

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal