collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
No matter what a young person thinks he or she is really hot stuff at doing, he or she is sooner or later going to run into somebody in the same field who will cut him or her a new asshole, so to speak - Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake

Author Topic: Funky blues in a funky funky joint  (Read 1548 times)

Offline lindy

• I'm a llama!
Funky blues in a funky funky joint
« on: September 29, 2005, 11:30:17 AM »
Red's Lounge, Clarksdale, MS: JUKE JOINT BLUES with T-Model Ford, Big T & the Family AND Robert "Wolfman" Belfour! October 1, Saturday night.

If you're within driving distance of Clarksdale, MS, this should be a helluva night. If I wuz back in Nawlins', 6 hours away, I'd be there.

I thought that Robert Belfour was also scheduled to play at the King Biscuit Festival across the river in Helena, Arkansas on October 6, 7 and 8, but I didn't see his name on the fest website. (Actually, it's now called the Arkansas Blues and Heritage Festival because some NY management company threatened to sue if they kept using the name "King Biscuit.") Still, the acoustic stage in Helena will feature Mr. Chezztone, Paul Geremia, Spencer Bohran, Drink Small, and Eddie Cusic, among others. Honeyboy Edwards, Ed Davis, Henry Gray and Cedell Davis will also be there, along with a couple of dozen Chicago style 'lectric blues bands.

Do you know what it means, to miss . . . . . .

Lindy

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal