collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Plow the mule in the daytime, pick the guitar at night - Bud Spires

Author Topic: Nobody Knows My Name - Blues From South Carolina And Georgia 1924 - 1932  (Read 8341 times)

Offline Rivers

• Tech Support
  • I like chicken pie
Re: Nobody Knows My Name - Blues From South Carolina And Georgia 1924 - 1932
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2019, 10:16:47 PM »
I managed to merge them after a few attempts.

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2019, 06:28:00 AM »
Hi all,
The track is available from Document Records.  It is on: Field Recordings Vol 9 Georgia South Carolina North Carolina Virginia Kentucky 1924 ? 1939 ? Full Album, DOCD-5599, along with several other tracks played by the same, very sophisticated player.  "Nobody Knows My Name" was a fairly early puzzler in the "Miller's Breakdown" thread.  At that time, there was a youtube channel operated by Nico Fournier, that had almost all of the field recordings on the Document label converted into videos.  Unfortunately, the channel has been discontinued,and I don't think the song is currently available on youtube.
All best,
Johnm

Offline Joe_Caithness

• Howdy!
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2019, 10:20:24 AM »
Hi all,
The track is available from Document Records.  It is on: Field Recordings Vol 9 Georgia South Carolina North Carolina Virginia Kentucky 1924 ? 1939 ? Full Album, DOCD-5599, along with several other tracks played by the same, very sophisticated player.  "Nobody Knows My Name" was a fairly early puzzler in the "Miller's Breakdown" thread.  At that time, there was a youtube channel operated by Nico Fournier, that had almost all of the field recordings on the Document label converted into videos.  Unfortunately, the channel has been discontinued,and I don't think the song is currently available on youtube.
All best,
Johnm

Thanks John, is that release the same as the Heritage release from the UK or just sourced from the same sessions?

Document are great at keeping this stuff in print, but the CDs are pretty pricey, especially in the UK

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »
Hi Joe,
Without making a careful comparison, I think that everything on the Heritage album is on the Document one, but the Document has a lot of tracks that are not on the Heritage album.  Since Document is no longer selling CDs, you can cherry-pick and just purchase downloads of the particular tracks from their catalog that you wish to have.  EDITED TO ADD:  Here is a link to the Document Records page on the record: https://thedocumentrecordsstore.com/product/DOCD-5599/
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:24:15 PM by Johnm »

Offline jostber

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »
Hi Joe,
Without making a careful comparison, I think that everything on the Heritage album is on the Document one, but the Document has a lot of tracks that are not on the Heritage album.  Since Document is no longer selling CDs, you can cherry-pick and just purchase downloads of the particular tracks from their catalog that you wish to have.  EDITED TO ADD:  Here is a link to the Document Records page on the record: https://thedocumentrecordsstore.com/product/DOCD-5599/
All best,
Johnm

Document is actually still selling CDs from the documentsrecordsstore. Not all albums are in stock as physical CDs, but quite a lot of them, including DOCD-5599.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 01:19:04 PM by jostber »

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2019, 09:17:23 AM »
jostber,
Could you provide a url for DOCD 5599 at the Document Record Store?  I did a search for it there and they said they had no record of it.  I also searched all of their Blues records and it was not among them.
All best,
Johnm
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:16:18 AM by Johnm »

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"

Online Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »
Thanks very much for those links, Stuart.  Those are hugely helpful for people interested in hearing or purchasing these recordings.  Thanks!
All best,
John

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal