collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Now your pistol's been fixed so it only shoots blanks; and when the third beer goes down, there's no room in the tank. You've got the forty year blues - Frontpage, Forty Year Blues (a commemoration of certain mortality)

Author Topic: Busking  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
Busking
« on: May 23, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
This morning I took part in the Wymondham busking day.  A local town runs it every year as part of its music festival.  Essentially they encourage lots of buskers to come and play in various spots around the town on a saturday morning.

There were maybe 20 people playing, from a mad lady with  tambourine, through to some fairly sophisticated guitarists, trumpets, and even african drummers.

I thought it was going to be terrifying, but I settled in very quickly and really enjoyed myself.  Little or no nerves (perhaps because Ive been practising hard for a few weeks especially).  Friendly people, made a little money (about 12 quid for what its worth).

Was a good experience- and will be looking for an excuse to do it again 8)

Offline Blue in VT

• Howdy!
Re: Busking
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 08:30:25 AM »
This is something that I've been dying to try....thanks for the encouragement... ;D

Blue
Blue in VT

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 02:06:43 PM »
And you will be posting the field recordings later....
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 09:35:52 AM »
Fortunately theres only about 30 seconds of footage, interspersed with Mrs Slim talking to the nipper, telling him that daddy is busking adn that he's playing Come on in my Kitchen!

Its not quite as cringeworthy to watch back as I feared  ;)

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
Well that fact that she even knows the title of the tune is huge step forward in itself, I truss you had them suitably adorned in threadbare peasants clothing to add to the over all busking effect  ;)
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Tags:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal