Country Blues > Country Blues Licks and Lessons

Miller's Breakdown

<< < (2/506) > >>

harvey:
I really like the idea of this thread it forced me to focus on one song rather than a few half heartedly.

I don't think I got very far just ran out of time. I had Spanish like Pan however I thought that the top two strings were barred at the 3rd and 5th frets........then the kids inturupted.

ScottN:
I'll put in another vote for Spanish up about a half step. Playing with some of the bass licks seemed to fit a fingering better with the 6th and 5th string intervals a fourth apart (D to G) as opposed to a fifth apart like Drop D (D to A).  As for the lick, I think the 1st string is at frets 3 and 5 but at this point in listening I'm not hearing how to spell the rest of the chord. Anyway, that's my guess at this point. 

Thanks,
             Scott

jrn:
It sounded like spanish to me too.

dunplaying:
I only looked in to find any comments on the Hopkins JSP Box set and was sidetracked.
I will say open G capo 1st fret and for the lick slide up xxxx65 down to a barre xxxx33.

But I was not blessed with a WC ear......not even the standard issue.

frankie:

--- Quote from: Johnm on May 15, 2014, 03:19:12 PM ---   * What tuning and playing position did Andrew Dunham play "Sweet Lucy Woman" out of?

--- End quote ---

To my ear, everybody here is half right! Andrew Dunham sounds to me like a roughed up Lil Son Jackson, and I think he's playing in half-spanish, tuned to about A-flat.

--- Quote from: Johnm on May 15, 2014, 03:19:12 PM ---   * Where on the neck is the lick fingered in the intro from :05 to :06 to :07, that moves up from :05 to :06 and back down from :06 to :07?

--- End quote ---

That being said, simplest move to get that sound would be a little parallel motion on the first two strings: open 2nd string against the 1st fret, 1st string and the 2nd fret, 2nd string against the 3rd fret, 1st string.

Could easily be spanish, though...  the general "chordlessness" of the song makes it tricky.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version