collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Much of the Dolceola's checkered history is recounted in various journals as well as the previous Yazoo 2003, which you may refer to now before discarding - Pat Conte, notes to The Key to the Kingdom, Washington Phillips, Yazoo 2073, which describe Phillips' true instrument as a paired Phonoharp and Celestaphon

Author Topic: How the Voyager Golden Record Was Made  (Read 833 times)

Offline Stuart

• "The Voice of Almiqui"
Re: How the Voyager Golden Record Was Made
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 08:24:04 AM »
Thanks for this, Slack. --A bit of trivia: In Tim Ferris' Seeing In The Dark, he quotes from Bukka White and Mississippi John Hurt.

Offline Mr.OMuck

• MuckOVision
Re: How the Voyager Golden Record Was Made
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 04:39:53 PM »
Tim Ferris is the author of one of my favorite Laymen's science Books "Coming of Age in The Milky Way" which I recommend to everyone.. We became "friends" on Facebook where we mostly argue about nuclear power, him for, me against. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that he was also a Student of Gary Davis' and had worked on the Voyager disc, though John Cohen also had input there I believe. Carl Sagan's Son, Nick Sagan, who wrote a fairly successful series of dystopian Science-fi provided the voice for the child sendings greetings from the children of earth. He and I had an interesting written exchange where I questioned the constant selling of a dystopian vision of the future (this was pre Trump of course, now that its arrived it's a different story) and asked him where the beautiful visions of the future were supposed to come from?
My loathings are simple: stupidity, oppression, crime, cruelty, soft music.
Vladimir Nabokov (1899 - 1977)

http://www.youtube.com/user/MuckOVision

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal