collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Some of these northern people is dumber than I'll ever be. - Lonnie Johnson, "Southland is Alright With Me"

Author Topic: expanding chordal horizons by john miller  (Read 4699 times)

Offline unezrider

expanding chordal horizons by john miller
« on: September 24, 2010, 06:17:42 PM »
hello friend,
john's new chord theory dvd is out on stefan grossman's website & it looks like a good one. i am still working my way through the first set. & i was very pleasantly surprised on the amount i have been learning from those first two dvd's. (& it's starting to help me get an understanding of how to approach western swing guitar, actually) it's funny the amount of stuff you think you know after playing for several years, & poof there's still plenty to learn. & plus it's nice learning how to explain why certain things work the way they do. as opposed to a just having seen it done in a number of songs, so it must be ok kind of a thing. thanks for putting these out john! i'll be looking forward to getting my copy soon.
chris
"Be good, & you will be lonesome." -Mark Twain

Offline Johnm

• Global Moderator
    • johnmillerguitar.com
Re: expanding chordal horizons by john miller
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »
Thanks for mentioning this, Chris.  I hope folks find these DVD lessons helpful.
All best,
Johnm

Offline dj

• Global Moderator
  • Howdy!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 12:12:40 PM »
I haven't seen the new lesson yet.  Like Chris, I'm still working my way through John's Introduction To Chord Theory And Chord Voicing, and enjoying it immensely.  It's reminding me of things I once knew, teaching me new stuff, and tieing everything together in terms of guitar in a way that my old college theory classes never did.  And it's giving my fingers a good stretch!  Highly recommended.  I'm looking forward to the new one.   

Offline colm kill paul

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
Just Ordered my copy of Expanding Chordal Horizons 2dvd. It is brilliant to have the follow on DVD so many thanks John for crafting this lesson.The Chord Theory & Chord Voicing dvd have lifted my understanding of the instrument far beyond my best aspiration. I can't wait to see what unfolds in this set.

Colm

Tags: John Miller 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal