collapse

* Member Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Mary'd take that lamb with her, 'most every place that she go. She went to the depot agent, said "give me a ticket to Kokomo". Ticket agent looked down at mary's lamb said "I declare your lamb can't go" - Freddie Spruell, Mr. Freddie's Kokomo Blues

Author Topic: European Weenie gathering 13-14 April 07 is go! And the web site up and running  (Read 23286 times)

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!
Alex, pack that baby well. I know it's earmarked for me in your will...

Unkie Bud:

Done. But repeat after me: "Ralph Klein is God, Ralph Klein is God"

Alex

Offline Richard

• Drove this for 25 years!
    • weekendblues
My word wot a lot of posts, you lot must be keen and excited  :D

Where shall I start.... first refer to Google Earth and take note that anything north of Cheltenahm is pretty foreign. As for temperatures, one of my daughters was really, really keen to go to Edinburgh Uni till she went there in May one year and was frozen to the spot, they had trouble getting her on the plane like that  :-X And, as for the Orkneys, I always thought that was a disease  ;D so I would strongly advise taking your Ralph Klein long-johns...

UB Glad you sorted Waxy out in that proper fish&chips is as good as or even beats a barbie anyday.. heheh As carnivorous as I am, you must remember this is a tiny place and all (most) meat cometh in from across the high sea sp possibly steaks are not to Calgary (pass me the Statin) standards ;) 

An hour seems awfully short for a workshop in which an entire song or two is gonna be taught and learned. Saturday morning seems sparse, how 'bout a two hour workshop at 10:30 and another at 2:00? I can't believe you are such a novice at drinking that you have to recover 'til noon?

Waxy, my olde fruit, how can I put really nicely this...in words maybe! Over here in the polar lands you find that our guitar type events do not neccessarily revolve around learning a song - sometimes it's just a few licks or a technique, one of the best ones I went to was on just learning to playing rhythm. Now, I had to start somewhere hence the programme but, it's not set in stone. I'll post the workshop topics of what I know we will be doing shortly and if I may sa,y they do look prettyt good!

Now, and unless, without being disparraging to anybody concerned, the person I have conscripted for a workshop is red hot and the class is with him, it's going to be very hard work to hold it together for an hour and a half. I don't know how long the PT classes last but EBA has it down to 1.25 hours and that has proved plenty if you are really concentrating. Again, without being funny, I am looking for another "lecturer" so if you or anyone else, fancied doing it you are more than welcome to run a class, so let me know.

So, approximately how many are we, Richard. You make it sound like it's gonna take days to hear everyone play. How 'bout a roster?

At this moment I don't know how many, I have put out calls for folks to say if they are coming but without that much reponse. However, rumour has it that my ten rooms are filled, some double occupancy.. I will go the hotel this week and test my Latvian again.

As for playing times, I have done it this way as at one event I attended the stand was hogged for number after number by one particular personage. By saying, only 2-3 numbers and you are off at the outset, we will avoid that without offending anybody and after the (dis)organised performances the open mic\jam session can take over and I suspect who shouts loudest will then bag the mic !!

Errrr, that's it for now :)

No it's not, just to aid those of you who are flying over this is what it looks like from the air  :o
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 09:42:03 AM by Richard »
(That's enough of that. Ed)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Alex, pack that baby well. I know it's earmarked for me in your will...

Unkie Bud:

Done. But repeat after me: "Ralph Klein is God, Ralph Klein is God"

Alex

I believe, I believe...

I suddenly feel the urge to berate some homeless people...

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Any chance of explaining this to those who are not in on the original joke   ::) ;)

Offline uncle bud

• Rank amateur
Any chance of explaining this to those who are not in on the original joke   ::) ;)

Ralph Klein is the former premier of Alberta. He's a hero there to many and pretty much a buffoon to everyone else in the country. He liked a good drink, shall we say, every day. One Christmas, he got loaded, had his driver take him to a homeless shelter and started yelling at the people there about not having jobs etc. He then threw money at them and left. (!) Would have been the end of almost anyone's political career, except Ralph: his public remained in thrall.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 06:36:48 AM by uncle bud »

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Now I see it all, didn't Bush also like a drink in his younger days.. oopps.. sorry that's political  :-X

Offline GhostRider

• That'll never happen no more!

Richard:

Unfortunately Unkie Bud has coloured his description, as people on the left didn't appreciate his sensible, conservative policys. But we Albertans did!

End of political discussion.

Alex

PS, never trust a politician who doesn't drink!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:42:03 AM by GhostRider »

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Just to help entice any more of you lot over here... we now have a couple of workshops\talks lined up one on Tampa Red and the other on Blind Blake... what more can you want ;)

Oh, and I have it on good authority that Mr Diamond Bottlenecks himself (Ian McWee to you) will also be here just to show that he can play a mean bottleneck guitar himself!

Looks like we are now cooking by gas  :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 12:56:01 PM by Richard »

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Richard,

What's the latest score - are there any places left and do we know who is coming?

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Right, well I brushed up on my Latvian and took a troll up the coast today. 

My first mistake was to ask the friendly young gentleman at reception what part of Latvia he came from, as one does to make polite converstion and to help get his English up to speed.. ;)

Whooopps, turns out he was from Austria so that didn't go down at all well, rather like the Titanic or was it the Graf Spey? I think I'm losing it  :-X

Anyway, after much grovelling he produced a list of names with much Austrotonic efficiency, except he is not sure if he has them all and to be honest since I don't know everbody's surname neither do I  ::)

So, here they are - please if you have booked and you are not amongst these then please say and I will go venture forth again. At least though we have the function room reserved for the Friday and Sturday nights so that bit is still on track  :)

The surnames he gave to me are - Allen, Bates, Coates, Darby, Hartwell, Doughty, Field, Jones, Knox, Thorne, Tonge, Ward   

Now, amongst other things I thought Ian McWee said he had booked - but,  is there anybody else out there who has and is not on this list?

Tell you what, lets have a roll call and please include if you wife or partner is coming over so that I can get a better idea of numbers for say a meal on the Saturday at the Hotel.

And, YES I'm sure we can find some more hotel space if anybody else want's to come... please do, the more the merrier  :)

It's 5.30 decisons, Prozac or wine calls  :P

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 09:35:52 AM by Richard »

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
I booked, surname Cowan.

All for now,
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Offline Norfolk Slim

• Moonshine - Available at Bandcamp now...
yep me and the Mrs booked- Field

Offline blueshome

• Step on it!
Boss lady booked in.

Offline Richard

• weekendblues
Thanks men and latent ladies.

Wax, I'll check the hotel over the next day or two and let you know.

Offline waxwing

• Wax's YouTube Channel
I can send you their confirmation email.

And I forgot to mention above that Gre will be with me as well.

All for now.
John C.
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."
George Bernard Shaw

“Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you.”
Joseph Heller, Catch-22

http://www.youtube.com/user/WaxwingJohn
CD on YT

Tags:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal